About the job
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Maintains the swimming pool and the water clarity always at best conditions
- Cleans and maintains water feature components.
- Ensures the application and the execution of a good preventive maintenance program for related equipment and machineries. Add the chemicals as instructed by the supervisor.
- Carry out analysis of pool balance parameters daily and record them in the operational log sheets for reference of supervisor.
- Responsible for the maintenance of swimming pool interior lights. Is responsible for minor electrical maintenance of swimming pool pump stations.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill And Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge and skills in water balance chemistry and all phases of pool/spa operation, and to be able to use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to repair pumps, motors, filters, and repair pipes.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.
- Timely updates the preventive maintenance program to the supervisor.
- Use all necessary precautions regarding the manipulation of chemical products.
- Ensures recommended health and hygiene conditions of swimming pool at all times.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work place and pump stations ensures the self and environmental safety. Also ensures safety of Pool Attendants.
- Maintain good work relations with the recreation team to cater to the off hours guest demands.
- Attend for all the maintenance work related to the pools & water features.
- Attend maintenance request, maintenance calls and repairs related to all types of maintenance works in the plant rooms.
- Follow all job instructions given by Duty Engineer or other Senior Staffs.
- Respond as quickly as possible to maintenance requests from both clients and colleagues.
- Respond immediately to emergency calls involving leakage.
- Report any serious maintenance problem or safety related issues to Shift Engineer immediately.
- Follow duty schedule/Split duty and carry out any other assignment given by ADOE as business demand.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all pool cleaning tools which must be kept clean and secure at all times.
- Should understand the operation and construction of all types of valves.
- To thoroughly investigate each job as assigned to ensure that only the necessary spare parts and materials are used and to avoid unnecessary wastage of chemical supplies.
- Able to dismantle and repair water feature equipment such as pumps, filters, dosing equipment.
- Maintains a pool log book as per municipality regulations.
- Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to the shift in charge.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury. Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. using material safety data sheets. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift in charge. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Emergencies – To be available for any emergencies and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Emergency plan.
- To learn and carry out fire brigade duties when assigned.
- Address guest’s service needs in a professional, positive and timely manner. Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using guest’s name if possible.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relations with other employees and departments. Any job-related complaints or grievances to be handled promptly with your Duty Engineer or Assistant Director of Engineering.
- To Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: Masonry, painting, Plumbing and carpentry and finish skills, energy conservation, and/or general building.
- To test troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Follow clean as you go policy. Keep all his working areas neat and tidy. Store all his tools and materials in a safe and secure place. While working in the Guest and public areas, special attention is required to protect surrounding areas for any damage and inconvenience to the guests. During the site work do not leave any materials and tools unattended.
- To complete the personal daily job record, time book accurately, and keep ready for inspection
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
Qualification Standards Education
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Basic experience in maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, and mechanical’s certification is required and/or First Aid Training preferred.