About the job
It takes a pro to be as efficient as you are
You aim straight for your goal without getting sidetracked by unnecessary details. We’ll appreciate your ability to get the job done without fussing, but with the care that marks your high personal standards. You’re a pro. And we want to meet you.
- Review and convey Engineer’s consent to the Contractors’ Baseline program of works in line with Contract conditions
- Validation of compatibility of assigned resources for timely completion of the project
- Generation of monthly Cash projection and resources histograms
- Preparation of consolidated report on contractor’s program for taking Employer’s consent
- Assist Resident Engineer & Quantity Surveyor in tracking the project against its baseline schedule
- Identify the potential areas of delay, highlight the critical events & suggest / provide mitigation measures to minimize those delays during progress meetings
- Revise the internal schedule as per conclusions, design modifications or other alternatives to be taken by Engineer’s Design / Supervision Team and identify the impact on the internal schedule as a result of these actions/deficiencies
- Assist Resident Engineer & Construction Manager to advise Contractor for recovery plans of off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities
- Assist Resident Engineer with the preparation of Project /Kick-Off meeting
- Updating programs and preparation of reports (by weekly)
- Preparation of monthly progress reports
- Participate in project progress meetings at site
- Assisting project Senior Quantity Surveyor and Resident Engineer in responding to contractor’s notices by proving programming data feedback
- Commenting on Contractor’s slow progress and identify concurrent delay during course of execution
- Compilation of correspondences, drawings, and other contemporaneous records with coordination of site staff and contractor personnel to analyze Contractor’s Extension of time claim
- Assessment of contractor’s claim
- Preparation of Engineer’s initial report, impacted programs using suitable delay analyzing techniques to support/substantiate the Engineer’s recommendations on contractor’s claims
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from a recognized institution
- Minimum 10+ years experience in planning and scheduling both engineering and construction activities.
- ideally, five years minimum experience working in a similar role in Qatar.
- Proficiency in scheduling software used in the Project Controls Department including Primavera latest version, Claim Digger and Schedule Analyzer
- Proven ability to perform the technical role.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations