About the job
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Planning & Cost Engineer to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar. This position is responsible for ensuring project delivery in line with client requirements through the development of a project wide WBS. Duties will also include developing and maintaining a detailed master schedule, procurement and logistics plan and also to support and work with consultants and contractors to develop their contractual schedules.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases
- Demonstrated knowledge of design, construction techniques, procedures, codes and standards.
- Familiarity with the techniques for schedule impact analysis
- Knowledge of Primavera Project Management / P6 and Primavera Contract Management / Expedition
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive client relationship and professional image.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in all aspects of planning and scheduling within the construction and engineering environment.
- Ability to prepare and manage a project program, project plan, and schedule.
- Ability to prepare project reports and analyze information.
- Ability to understand, identify and assess project risk.
- Ability to prepare project procedural plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 10 years of work experience in Planning, Scheduling and Cost Engineering partnered with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline and Qatar Engineering License (MME/UPDA).
Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Project applications knowledge is essential. Experience in construction preferably in drainage systems/sewage treatment works is essential.