About the job
- Provide Piping Engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance and expertise while managing the Piping team in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule;
- Direct the preparation and stewardship of Piping Engineering scope of work in FEED/EPC contract, advise and recommend design procedures, processes, deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimise project cost and schedule;
- Interact with Engineering Team Management to complete multi-discipline engineering activities, ensuring alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements;
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System (COMPANYPMS);
- Manage FEED/EPC Contractor’s Piping Engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes in a brownfield environment;
- Lead site surveys to validate existing condition/design and Implement the MOC process for all aspects of the Project execution;
- Assess and validate FEED/EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting, and recommends additional technical support to address gaps;
- Manage the technical attachments and scope descriptions for relevant contracts including the timely delivery of all purchase orders;
- Responsible for the Piping Engineering schedule and related milestones, provide data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting;
- Accountable for sharing previous lessons learned and ensuring current lessons learned and captured and communicated to support review teams and future projects.
- 6 – 8 years’ experience at Piping Engineering with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore LNG facilities design, brownfield construction and operations. Experience with cryogenic piping systems & CO2 sequestration design is an added advantage;
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent.