About the job
The Physician – Pediatric Neuroradiology is responsible for the delivery of high-quality evidence-based care; effective and efficient diagnosing, managing and treating all patients placed under the role holder’s care. The Physician – Pediatric Neuroradiology makes recommendations, orders appropriate therapeutics and diagnostics as per the patient’s diagnosed condition.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality evidence-based care and services within specialty area.
- Conducts Ward rounds reassesses inpatients and/or outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practices.
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required.
- Provides clinical excellence by effective and efficient diagnoses, manages, and treats all patients placed under post holder’s care.
- Delivers safe, effective, and holistic clinical services within accepted standards of care.
- Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures.
- Supports, implements, and follows all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Liaises with colleagues, Allied Health staff, nursing, administrative and support services staff for additional input as required.
- Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
- Practices appropriate utilization of the organization’s resources.
- Demonstrates an active interest in educating and fostering future academic leaders nationally and internationally through active participation in education initiatives.
- Demonstrates an active interest and involvement in research by initiating innovative clinical or research outcomes or collaborating on research projects to support the Sidra vision.
- Demonstrates commitment to Continued Medical Education (CME).
- Keeps abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
- Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Medical Degree
- Completion of a residency program in Radiology (or equivalent)
- Subspecialty training and/or equivalent experience in Pediatric Neuroradiology
2+ years of post-certification/residency clinical experience in Pediatric Neuroradiology