Doha Clinic Hospital
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, stabilize and treat new-borns babies with any serious illness or life-threatening medical problems (such as breathing disorders, infections, and birth defects).
- Coordinate care and medically manage newborns born premature, critically ill, or in need of surgery.
- Ensure that critically ill newborns receive the proper care, nutrition for healing and growth.
- Provide care to the newborn at a cesarean or other delivery that involves medical problems in the mother or baby that may compromise the infant’s health and require medical intervention in the delivery room.
- Consult with obstetricians, pediatricians, and family physicians about conditions affecting newborn infants.
- Writing appropriate medical orders, to include orders for controlled substances, as required.
- Actively participates in daily patient rounds; documents patient status through the appropriate use of admission H and P, daily progress notes, and discharge summaries
- Performing therapeutic interventions on an elective and/or emergency basis, including, but not limited to, endotracheal intubation, lumbar puncture, PICC lines, umbilical lines, and thoracostomy.
- Attending high-risk deliveries requiring expertise in delivery room resuscitation and stabilization counsels families prior to delivery regarding anticipated events.
- Actively participating in daily patient rounds; documents patient status through the appropriate use of admission H and P, daily progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Practicing safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods
Requirements & Skills:
- Board certification in pediatrics with at least 3 years of experience
- Certification in Neonatology training
- Fellowship program for intensive care of infants
- A genuine passion for providing care to patients
- Willingness to work long hours tirelessly
- Ability to work under pressure and stress
- Good communication skills
- Should possess great patience and compassion and some sensitivity towards patients
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in the area of expertise.
- Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional colleagues and the general public.
- Foundation knowledge of anatomy and physiology principles.
To apply for this job please visit dohaclinichospital.com.