The Physical Therapist is responsible for administering physical therapy evaluations and treatment plans for patients by providing assessments and selecting appropriate techniques and therapies in order to restore function and prevent disability.
- Selects and administers appropriate physical therapy evaluations.
- Develops and implements collaborative treatment plans.
- Provides patient, family and caregiver education.
- Participates with other team members inpatient discharge planning through verbal and written
- Provides clear, concise patient care documentation as per departmental standards.
- Supervises appropriate support personnel via monitoring the treatment plans’ administration and provides follow-up clinical direction and guidance.
Administration of Work:
- Provides direct patient care for an established population.
- Performs appropriate physical therapy evaluations and re-evaluations on a regular basis
- Designs and implements appropriate treatment plans
- Participates in patient discharge and home care planning to facilitate the continuity of patient care
- Completes all related medical documentation in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with established policies and standards
- Assists in monitoring of quality management indicators
- Demonstrate competency through the annual completion of written and demonstration-style competency examinations
- Delegates appropriate responsibilities to support staff
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the client
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Manager Communications/Relationships
- Promotes and maintains a professional working relationship with peers
- Maintains/promotes open communication with the interdisciplinary team
- Serves on assigned departmental committees
- Attends/contributes to monthly departmental and discipline-specific service meetings Organizational Expectation
- Adheres to the departmental policies and procedures
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics and Customer Service Standards as demonstrated through positive patient/guest relations, positive and effective interactions with staff, formulating and meeting developmental goals.
Two years’ experience as a Physical Therapist/Physiotherapist, should be registered as a physiotherapist in home country.
- High-level interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective
relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking, flexibility and creativity when resolving customer issues.
- Ability to apply critical thinking, communication, influence, and flexibility to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes.
- Recognizes and accepts accountability for the safety and care of patients
- Demonstrated patient centered / patient valued behaviors.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Good ability to effectively handle challenging situations and balance multiple priorities
- Strong data, analytical and finance orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to work in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Fluent English speaker. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage although not essential
- 3 year accredited Diploma OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy OR
- DPT Doctor of Physical Therapy (entry-level) Graduate
- Masters of Physical Therapy (entry-level) graduate
- Valid Primary License from the country of origin if applicable AND should be eligible for license in Qatar with QCHP.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR required.