About the job
- This role is a key position dedicated towards Distribution Center & Last Mile optimization, responsible for the delivery of three pillars of PEX program: Process Improvement, Continuous Improvement, and Capability Building across Aramex regions
- It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of Lean Six Sigma problem solving methodology, and the supporting PEX framework, to deliver strategic objectives of operational efficiency & cost optimization.
- The position holder must be able to influence stakeholders at all levels and use existing operational data to identify opportunities to improve processes whilst influencing behavioral change across all facilities in the country and for 200+ employees.
- To drive the PEX program in operations – Express, GOP & Logistics verticals in the country.
- Works with teams (Operations, Central PEX, Regional PEX, Commercial, Finance & GSO) to create and deliver value across the various Supply Chain assets
- Creates flow through entire value stream through cross-functional collaboration
- Develops a problem-solving culture where problems are made visible and fixed at the root cause
- Engages in relentless pursuit of continuous improvement to create best-in-class supply chain assets
- Focuses on immediate actions and waste reduction
- Creates a learning organization
- Conducting internal audits for sustenance and excellence
- Lean Maturity Model implementation – Model hub/branch establishment through 5S and visual management implementation, establish productivity and throughput metrices in first, middle and last miles, foster people Capability Development through Kaizen Programs and create seamless networking for sharing of best practices.
- Create and establish cost metrices in operations, awareness and improvement across all assets.
- Lean six sigma Green Belt project mentoring.
- Imparting Lean trainings programs across the assets.
- Collaborate with operations to develop Lean Champions
- Collaborate with operations and GSO team to implement Lean @ Design phase
- Driving asset-specific strategic improvement initiatives to deliver value to business.
- Audit Aramex assets as per the Internal Quality Audit (IQA) plan to maintain operational excellence.
- Program management for successful ISO implementation and governance – ISO 9001, ISO 140001 and ISO 45001 and other external certifications.
- Effectively collaborates cross-functionally assigned region and between peers
- Encourages people to expose problems and stays with them to implement true solutions
- Uses continuous coaching and dialogue to empower people to solve their own problems
- Builds future PE leaders and champions.
- Supports organizational learning
- Understands how to recognize and articulate the implications of change or actions throughout the entire value stream (end to end)
- Goes frequently to Gemba / the work site to understand and solve problems where they live, with the people who live with the problems every day
- Understands not to be complacent with the current process
- Practices and teaches fundamental of lean problem solving (PDCA) to find problems, define them, fix them and keep them from coming back
- Supports and leverages process for sharing best practices
- Provide ongoing support to multiple project teams. Communicates Process Excellence information/news to plant management, staff, and employees.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years with a successful track record in driving Process Improvement & Continuous Improvement
- Lean Six-Sigma, transformation or re-engineering background.
- Experience in logistics and supply chain solutions design preferred.
- ISO 9001/45001 certification.