About the job
About The Role
Responsible for providing operational and administrative support in Ground Services for Regional Manager Airport Services, to enable them to continue manage an increasing number of stations effectively. The Performance Control Manager plays a leadership role in ensuring that Ground Services operates in accordance with operational best practices, and in compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures, government regulations and any partnership agreements.
Working collaboratively with the Ground Services Management team, Airport Managers and other departments (Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, IT, Group Safety & Security, Flight Operations, Cargo, Etc.). Performance Control Manager oversees the coordination of all operational support activities, facilitating a process of ongoing improvement in organizational support systems. The role develops the capability of the team, supporting various programmes, research and operational support departments to work in an integrated manner through strengthening coordination and developing appropriate operational policies, procedures and tools. (KPls/SPls) The role fosters a culture of accountability and ensures organizational resources are used in a cost-effective manner to maximize performance.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Support the Regional manager and Relief Manager in planning new station start-ups.
- Support outstation ASM in resolving operational issues, on need basis including station visit.
- Monitor outstations on any irregular operations, incidents, accidents, etc. Including customer care.
- Extend support in all manners to outstations on need basis in close co-ordination with IOC.
- Support and/or seek with exceptional approvals for outstations after due diligence, evaluation of business impact, safety and security and concurrence of other stake holders, as relevant.
- Evaluate strategies in conjunction with RMAS affecting to station’s flight summer/winter schedules.
- Uphold QR Group Values, demonstrate and encourage outstation team on adherence at all times.
- Scrutinise outstation vendor/supplier/local claims, invoices/bills, etc. as when assigned by RMAS.
- Support direct reports in the delivery of annual plans, providing direction through prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve operational objectives, as well as providing technical input and advice.
- Provide oversight to ensure that operational activities are implemented in line with organizational standards and best practices, and in accordance with internal and external commitments.
- Ensure that Qatar Airways complies with all national guidelines and laws in each country, relevant to its operational work.
- Support the Manager Customer Delivery to ensure adherence by all Ground Services staff to Qatar Airways organizational policies and procedures, ensuring all staff are oriented and capacitated to uphold these, and that proper reporting and disciplinary procedures are followed when a breach occurs.
- Support the Regional Manager and Business Finance Officer in the overall financial management of the Ground Services Department.
- Support the RMAS to develop integrated action plans and budgets, ensuring effective and efficient planning and allocation of operational resources to fulfil organizational objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level
- Minimum 7 years of relevant airport/airline Operational management within QR, and a good working knowledge of operational support departments and systems (administration, HR, finance, information technology and procurement) and facilitating integrated working relationships among departments.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English language.
- Experience in developing and implementing departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Skilled in organizational management.
- Experience in annual planning and reporting in a range of formats.
- Project management skills and report and proposal writing and personnel management.
- Good experience in liaison with Ground Handlers, third party suppliers, Airport authorities and government ministries, local authorities, etc.
- Previous experience with negotiation and management of formal partnerships agreements and service contracts.
- Ability to actively identify and address issues with creativity and effectiveness with the ability to make appropriate and transparent decisions.
- This position demands a dynamic individual who is results and systems oriented and committed to excellence.