Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our
culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and
leaders to bring their best each day. A growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters
most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in
everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
You can help us achieve our mission.
The Partner Marketing Advisor Partner Aligned (PMA-P) role is key to Microsoft’s partner management strategy as
part of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization. The PMA-P is responsible for growing the business of top
Microsoft partners through planning, executing and landing impactful Go-To-Market (GTM) campaigns.
Come be part of a team that believes in the power of partnership. Partners make more possible and Microsoft has
the products and programs to meet the partner’s needs. We combine the widest range of products in the industry,
across a variety of devices and platforms with the flexibility to choose the programs and benefits necessary for
your partners to build, go-to-market, and sell with us.
Key Responsibilities include:
Drive partner revenue contribution through impactful Go-To-Market (GTM) development and execution across Microsoft products within assigned priority partners
- Create strategic customer-facing GTM campaigns with long-term and short-term goals for assigned priority partners, defining key market/solution combinations leveraging Partner-to-Partner (P2P) or 3rd party Services/ISV ecosystem
- Arm partners with target accounts, GTMs based on prioritized scenarios and access to new digital engagement practices to increase profitability
- Execute successful campaigns utilizing preferred local vendors and GTM Services desk. Track results and ensure leads are followed-up for impact
- Deliver appropriate MSFT and partner readiness, incentives, and awareness specific to GTM campaigns including marketing and sales guidance, or content needed for scale execution by partners. Support key strategic events with partner inclusion
- Manage GTM funding for assigned strategic partners activities aligned to quarterly accountability, compliance, and budget management
Partner centered: learn about the partners business, market opportunity and Modern Marketing practice to position for building GTMs
- Complete Microsoft Modern Marketer training
- Attend Industry events, partner meet-ups, join communities and synthesize internal and external research on market and market trends to learn about the market, modern marketing practices, and disruptive trends in the industries and segments that assigned partners address
- With a partner-centric mindset understands the partners business, their solutions, industry, segment focus and levels of market influence
- Completes Microsoft technical skills certifications and initiative training, builds skills across Microsoft’s products and services to a level 100
Leverage global investments and programs to optimize GTM impact at the Microsoft subsidiary level
- Leverage and execute against local investments, as well as headquarter based programs
- Create and extend the partner-to-partner (P2P) motions: Create new offers for cross-selling and up-sell (i.e. next logical purchase); Create campaigns to ensure adoption and drive usage of new services
- Support expansion of globally managed partners into local Microsoft subsidiaries, leveraging local GTM motions including events, campaigns and selling opportunities
Embrace the learning culture prioritizing time for learning & personal career development. Leverage technical and industry expertise to become a thought leader and trusted advisor to your partners
- Use internal and external learning resources to build expertise, enabling business value and solution-driven conversations with your partners.
- Complete all required Microsoft professional and technical training.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge
- 8+ years of experience in product or channel marketing, partner channel development, business development, alliance management, through partner marketing in the technology industry
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners
- Bachelor’s degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.