Managing the domestic and express operations, organizing the work of couriers to ensure operations is running effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the customs authorities and airlines to facilitate airport operations.
- Handling customers complaints and special requests or any urgent collections or deliveries even at odd times.
- Identify training needs for the team members and continuously improving their skills and capacity.
- Train, Monitor, and develop direct reports
- Set KPIs and conduct an annual performance evaluation for direct reports
- Organize the team and manage the ground courier’s substitution.
- Facilitate the flow of information horizontally and vertically
- Coordinate couriers’ vacations to ensure optimum & balanced distribution of workload amongst all routes.
- Manage the effective usage of Aramex IT systems and Scanner technology.
- Manage the daily outbound schedules and continuously looks for alternative line haul solutions to improve the service in terms of transit time and cost.
- Provide feedback on the route and load distributions to help the ground operations supervisors update the routes on the system.
- Handle special projects when needed
- Identify and resolve repetitive service failures and human errors and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Monitoring the departments KPI’s and find the points of improvements.
- Support sales team, by holding meetings with clients and find out all related demands/concerns from the client’s perspective
- Monitor the station inbound/outbound production.
- Setting the strategic plans for the departments
- Manage the team’s related costs and expenses according to the set budget.
- Monitor the Domestic and Express supplies stock level and effective usage.