Project: Government entity charged with supporting and regulating education in Qatar. That includes a full array of K-12 public and private schools and high-quality institutions of higher education. In the 2019/20 academic year, there are more than 332 private schools serving approximately 211,000 students. Private schools offer a wide variety of curricula, philosophies, and activities that meet the needs of individual students and their families. This opportunity is for a bid, so it is not yet a secured role
The Operations Manager will be responsible for technical services and the operations teams and will be a member of the senior management team.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Leading and managing hard and soft services provision portfolio
- Transferring of management of responsibility of existing FM contracts in place
- Responsible for timely and accurate development and reporting of operational information
- Ensuring appropriate levels of resources are deployed in line with service delivery plans in place
- Developing and implementing of policies, standard operating procedures and processes for all FM services managed
- Embedding a zero accidents culture of Health and Safety (Safety First, Second Nature)
- Ensuring full legislative/statutory and QHSE compliance
- The main point of escalation of contact for complaints management ensuring any complaints received are dealt with effectively, responded to (investigation to ascertain cause and mitigate further occurrence) and closed within agreed timescales and to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Ensuring effective risk management processes and systems are deployed and managed
- Driving an excellent performance level and ensuring continuous improvement, best practice and innovation through management of SLA’s and KPI of the FM service contractors
- Escalating poor performance of the FM service contractors to the client with recommendations for action (corrective action, additional training, financial penalty)
- Embedding staff training, learning and development
- Embedding a continuous improvement culture across the service.
- Developing of the business continuity plan for operations
- Liaising with the Commercial Manager and team as necessary
- Production of a monthly review report for submission to the Project Director
You are a digitally savvy, Degree in mechanical, electrical, civil or landscape engineering or its equivalent. You have substantial and proven experience in the management of hard and soft services contracts experience. 10 + years overall experience and 3 – 5 years in the GCC region and 7 years in a management role on a similar scale. You have experience in the education sector and have proven experience of managing multiple contractors Strong background in quality, health, safety and environmental management systems and regulations. You have a good understanding and knowledge of hard and soft facilities management. You have experience in a wide range of software packages including (MS office, and preferable CMMS, CAFM, PDA).
Ability in speaking d writing in English and Arabic. Highly self-motivated and able to work under own initiative. Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills. Knowing Oracle systems would be beneficial. You can build lasting client relationships and provide support to dynamic, motivated teams.