We are looking for an Operations Manager for Virgin Megastore, in Qatar!
The Operations Manager holds overall accountability for driving sales across the country and responsible for maximizing sales performance, store profitability, and customer service.
He/ she is responsible to oversee the stores’ operations and performance in terms of sales and expenses, as well as managing the functions of the Operations department in coordination with Shared Services
- Develop, in collaboration with the Country Manager, Brand Regional Management Team, Local Marketing & Product Team, Marketing Department and IT Department, the overall retail operations strategy, plans and departmental budgets, IT Projects, and the successful deliverance of marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Oversee and monitor KPIs and sales performance by comparing the actual sales versus the weekly targets, previous years and projections, and take corrective action in coordination with other departments, and participate in the development of the seasonal projection report
- Direct the opening of new stores by coordinating with the concerned departments and manage the closing of existing ones
- Review and monitor stock level reports and coordinate with Brand Regional Management Team to take appropriate action in a timely manner, while executing strategies to enhance operational efficiencies in store operations management through following industry best practices and compliance with internal audit and loss prevention requirements
- Maintain awareness of market trend; Understand changing customer behaviors and conduct market analysis to monitor competitors’ strategies and plans and suggest contingency plans
- Assist the Brand Regional Management Team and Country Manager in the development and implementation of short and long-term plans and budgets to optimize the achievement of revenue, growth and profit targets; Evaluate overall operations and regularly report results to the management team
- Identify expansion and growth opportunities within the country by indicating prime locations for performing and/or newly identified stores/locations and make recommendations with country manager and Regional Real Estate Department
- Drive a customer-centric culture among all stores and ensure achievement of customer service standards across stores, while sustaining effective business partnerships with the key stakeholders in the country and with mall management to ensure store compliance with mall guidelines and procedures
- Lead and negotiate new concessionaire deals. Manage the concessionaire relationships to make sure that the display and the availability of products are based on the acceptable standard in the business.
- Ensure effective departmental performance through the selection, development, deployment and motivation of the team. Coordinate and work closely with Shared Services Center to ensure that all operational functions and activities are completed effectively and on time; Create, implement and develop standard operating policies and a set of operational metrics measuring the effectiveness of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related Field; MBA is a plus
- 8-10 years of experience in a similar field, out of which 3 in a managerial position; experience in retail is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in English