Power International Holding
Under the direction, guidance and supervision of the General Manager, the Operations Director is to direct and coordinate the day-to-day management of the Operations Department and all operational aspects of project contracts based on company policies, goals, and objectives to ensure service delivery in line with budgeted P&L. They are responsible for providing overall leadership to FM and related services within the business, ensuring an efficient working environment and that KPIs are met consistently.
- Assists upper management in setting goals that promote company growth.
- Oversees the daily activity of the Operations Department team, Facility Managers, Engineering Managers and Projects Managers.
- Prepares budgets, schedules, and other organizational reports as needed.
- Manages team workloads in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Develops plans to increase efficiency, reduce costs and improves existing systems and policies.
- Manage and monitor all project profitability to stay within the projected budget
- Ensures customer requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Works closely with other departments to promote efficient company optimization
- Identifies improvement areas and plans and implements systems to boost company effectiveness.
- Executes plans designed to meet company goals by changing policies and coaching employees.
- Coordinates schedules and special event operations for the purpose of ensuring required facilities preparation.
- Overseas the development of long and short-range maintenance plans/programs (e.g. emergency response plans, energy management plans, annual budget, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that resources are effectively utilized.
- Directs projects to ensure completion within established time frames, project design and budget
- Ensures FM Manpower is maximized to meet the needs of the business.
- Monitors fund balances of assigned programs and related financial activity to ensure that expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars to convey or gather information required to perform functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) to maintain adequate staffing, enhancing the productivity of personnel and achieving objectives within budget.
- Recommends new hires, promotions, termination and transfers to maintain staffing needs and productivity of the workforce.
- Researches new products, laws, regulations, etc., to recommend purchases, contracts and maintain districtwide services.
- Ensures all FM manpower is qualified and competent for their role within the organization.
- Provides comprehensive management data to assist business decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and Operations Management (Essential)
- Member of FM lead body (IWFM /IFMA etc.) or Facilities Management Degree (Essential)
- Recognized Management Qualification (Desirable)
- At least 20 years of experience – 10 years on the job and 3 years in GCC
- Strong organization and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills.
- Exceptional Coaching, Strong Decision Making, Action Planning, and Prioritization Skills.
- Sets priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
- Can perform at an advance level of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint