About the job
About the role
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high!
With an extensive global network, highly-experienced staff and premium facilities, Qatar Airways Cargo offers a high-quality air freight service to our growing list of customers around the world.
With our continuous growth, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exclusive and exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Operations Team in Doha as an Operations Development Specialist.
The role will be responsible for project initiation, implementation, monitoring, controlling and closure of cargo operations related projects (digital and non- digital) from start to delivery, in- line with QR Cargo vision and mission and in compliance with the project standards and processes, using available tools and databases.
Some of the tasks include:
- Assimilate relevant project- related data from respective stakeholders and assist Cargo Operations Project Manager to draft business cases. Review and analyse data on a regular basis to assess changes in project scope
- Identify, escalate any potential risks to the Line Manager and register the risks to the Risk Register.
- Create and update project trackers to provide regular updates to involved key stakeholders in order to monitor and track the projects’ progress at every state, from start – up through every activity until the project sponsor accepts the final product.
- Follow continuous improvement methodologies developed by line management and ensure consistency in processes.
- In liaison with the Line Manager and key stakeholders, ensure all regular project communications are sent out on time. Regularly communicate / follow up with all stakeholders to ensure project targets are met by the respective stations / regions and to promote transparency in the project process and status. Ensure projects are carried out through the defined phases fully complying with QR Cargo processes and procedures policy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Good understanding of the air cargo industry with experience in project management
- Highly analytical with strong organization and presentation skills
- Good customer and stakeholder relationship management
- Abreast with industry trends and latest in the cargo industry in terms of systems and processes