Our client in Qatar have a requirement for an Offshore Safety Coach (Drilling and Workover Rig)
This is a rotational role- an offshore operational position within an Operating Company and a multicultural context.
Drilling and Workover activities in SIMOPS context and high potential H2S release.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- NEBOSH or other Safety related equivalent Diploma
- T-BOSIET and H2S Training OPITO approved
- Proven experience in the oil industry with rig site extensive experience in offshore SIMOPS.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word – Excel – PowerPoint)
- Languages: English fluently written and spoken
- Knowledge of drilling, completion, workover and well-servicing operations and experience with hydrogen sulfide and associated safety practices is a clear must
- Able to prioritize tasks and be self-motivated
- Reports directly to the Drilling Supervisor onboard the rig and functionally to the Operational Safety Leader
- Advise and assist the Drilling Supervisor in the application of the company HSE policy, in the safe execution of the work programs, in the implementation of the company safety initiatives and in the audit and control of the safety and operational safety processes
- Act as a relay of the Onshore organization to cascade HSE policies.
- Act as a facilitator in the safe implementation of the SIMOPS, not substituting to the Drilling Supervisor that holds the ultimate role in terms of HSE
- Ensure implementation and respect of the Company Management System in the context of Simultaneous Drilling and Production Operations.
- Participate in & enhance hazard studies and risk assessments undertaken for the safe program execution of operations.
- Ensure active participation in the organization of pre-job safety meetings – paying particular attention to lifting operations preparation, dropped object prevention awareness, hand injury, confined space entry and work at height activities.
- Enhance and encourage the “management-by-walking-around “concept.
- Ensure periodic by in-depth regular checks of the Drilling contractor PTW as well the company PTW used in the SIMOPS area that they are properly managed and applied.
- Assist and advise to ensure timely & correct follow-up reporting on events, incidents, accidents, anomalies.
- Participate as a professional of the safety into the Root cause analysis
- Ensure Drilling Contractor HSE Bridging Document, SIMOPS dossiers, Emergency response documents latest version are understood, and being used in program execution activities.
- Assist & advise the Drilling Supervisor in the preparation of the on-board HSE Site Committee Meetings.
- Ensure proper execution of the Waste Management Plan. Promote safety awareness and environmental consciousness.