We are currently seeking Offshore Mechanical Technicians for our client in Qatar.
Location: Offshore Qatar
Duration: 1 year
Contract Basis: Contract
- To optimize production downtime when executing maintenance activities on the installation of mechanical equipment
- Acting as a member of the Offshore Emergency Response Team in the event of an incident to ensure minimal harm to personnel, environment and asset
- Contributing to the development and review of risk assessments to ensure that hazards have been identified, adequate mitigations are in place and risk has been reduced.
- Act as a Permit Performing Authority to ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with the Permit to Work process and company requirements
- Provide the Mechanical Supervisor with analysis and comment on maintenance opportunities and risks in order to improve business performance.
- Provide visible leadership to personnel to ensure maintenance targets are met
- Promote client core values by being a safety role model, showing trust, respect and commitment, fostering collaboration across the organization
- Promote cost consciousness in order to embed a strong cost culture
- Drive an incident free environment by establishing and maintaining a strong incident free culture
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, that ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
- Ensure compliance with Operating Procedures and Guidelines to ensure Process Safety, Operational Safety and Plant Integrity.
- Carry out repairs to mechanical equipment and perform preventative maintenance
- Contribute to identifying improvements in planned maintenance routines
- Prepare, isolate and make safe Mechanical equipment for maintenance.
- Education: High School Diploma / Technical certificate in Discipline
- Industry Experience: Minimum 10 years recent experience in the petrochemical, refining, oil /gas exploration and/or production industries in a similar role
- Must have previous offshore experience.
- OGUK Medical Certificate.