About the job
The incumbent will be responsible for running and ensuring the success of process enhancement initiatives with a focus on customer orientation, service and quality across Group Retail Bank.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
- Shareholder & Financial:
- Run, execute, steer projects by using Lean/ Six Sigma/ Change Management standards and the process enhancement methodology aimed at improving customer satisfaction and efficiency within Group Retail Bank
- Ensure the success of end-to-end process enhancement initiatives across Group Retail Bank.
- Establish measurement plans for key performance indicators (KPIs) and execute control plans to monitor, track and update KPIs related to dedicated reengineering and end-to-end process enhancement initiatives on a periodic basis
- Customer (Internal & External):
- Identify, quantify and define enhancement areas in close partnership with the concerned stakeholder and contribute to the implementation of customer-centered processes
- Work closely with stakeholders of Group Retail Bank to improve on relevant KPIs
- Leads cross-functional design teams to: (1) understand and investigate the current business process design; (2) identify problems, complexities, non-value-added steps, inefficient workflows, and other design factors; (3) develop performance measurement systems and analyze performance data; (4) create improvement recommendation and improve process design; and (5) implement solutions to achieve results in output volumes, quality, timelines and costs
- Optimize the use of appropriate lean and 6 sigma tools; pursue technology developments that result in process enhancement.
- Report on progress on a regular basis for relevant projects
- Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Interact with Head of Group Retail Process Enhancement to obtain new process enhancement mandates and participate in project idea generation, selection and scoping
- Identify defects and impact of defects on current processes
- Propose defect fixes or system enhancements, and work with the various stakeholders to propose and develop process and/or technology modifications
- Gather, collect, and prepare data related to reengineering and end-to-end process enhancement initiatives.
- Identify benefits, quantify targeted results, establish measurement criteria and assist in the prioritization of process enhancement initiatives
- Apply and implement industry best practices and standards within the execution of process enhancement assignments
- Learning & Knowledge:
- Identify related areas for professional self-development.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Risk Framework Responsibilities:
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements including, but not limited to, Group Compliance Policies and Procedures (AML & CTF, Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, Fraud Control Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy, Conflict of Interest and Insider Dealing Policy).
- Understand and effectively perform your role under the Three Lines of Defence principle to identify measure, monitor, manage and report risks.
- Ensure systematic good outcomes for clients in accordance with Conduct Risk policy.
- Support the framework of RCSA, KRI, Incident reporting and remediation, as appropriate, in accordance with the Operational Risk Management requirements.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure full qualification to undertake the role.
- Complete all mandatory training provided by the Bank, attain, and maintain the required levels of competence.
- Attend mandatory (internal and external) seminars as instructed by the Bank.
- Ensure high standards of data protection and confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Maintaining utmost confidentiality concerning customer and internal bank information obtained during the course of business and provide such information on a need to know basis only to Senior Management of QNB, Audit and Compliance functions, and relevant Regulators.
- Maintain high professional standards to uphold QNB’s reputation and to strengthen its market leadership position.
- All other ad hoc duties/activities related to QNB that management might request from time to time.
Qualifications: – Graduate degree from leading academic institution with focus on business administration
- Minimum of 4 years work experience with minimum of 2 years, experience in organization and process reengineering, business consulting and project management or equivalent business/ operations experience within the financial services arena (however: no specialization in one area but rather multi-skill and transversal across functions)
- Operational and project management experience including the participation in large company wide program deployments with partial subproject responsibility
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt experience and technical mastery
- Demonstrated track record using Six Sigma Methodology principles and practices
- Ability to use systematic and data driven methods in order to solve problems, analyze and improve processes
- Knowledge of financial services from an operational and support perspective