About the job
To ensure high quality operational support is provided to the Partners and Associates across the Qatar office (including secondees or visitors from other AG offices) enabling the smooth running of the office, we are looking to recruit an Office Manager for our Qatar office. The role is the key point of contact / liaison between the UK and the Qatar office for all operational matters, including (although the list is not exhaustive), HR, Premises Client & Office Services, Finance, IT, GC & Risk operations.
- Delivers Legal PA support for the Qatar office and acts as they key contact for the Head of Office, Partner and fee earner groups. Includes providing a full range of PA support to Head of Office and fee earning staff (e.g. diary and email management amongst other tasks)
- Provides technical excellence in all key areas defined in the Legal PA Competency Framework
- Identifies appropriate level of secretarial and administrative support, ensuring the needs of the Qatar office are met, conducting recruitment and selection as appropriate.
- Co-ordinates Qatar messaging regarding operations, such as office closures, public holidays etc.
- Leads and organises all internal office events, working with the Business Services Finance Manager regarding budget allocation;
- Successfully completes, on time, all compulsory firm training.
- Promotes and nurtures and inclusive and diverse culture within the office, leading by example and upholding the firm’s values at all times.
- Overall responsibility for all Qatar office regulatory filings and ensuring the practices meet their regulatory obligations, liaising with the UK HR and GC & Risk teams as required. In addition, liaising with GC & Risk to ensure license compliance and renewal measures are met in a timely manner. Ensures that all regulatory issues are reported immediately to the firm’s General Counsel.
- Provides support to the International HR Manager relating to staff resourcing and employee relations matters.
- Liaises with the PRO to ensure necessary visa/work permits for Partners and employees are submitted in a timely manner with the immigration authorities; including relevant renewals.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the on-site induction and onboarding of new hires in the Qatar office in conjunction with HR team.
- Ensures all confidential staff files are kept up to date and stored securely and in line with data protection legislation
- Monitoring sickness and other absence, liaising with the Head of Office and HR as appropriate. Coordination and completion of all HR trackers.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of CPD activity within the Qatar Offices
- Working with Group Finance and associated suppliers to ensure payments, including international payroll are dealt with in a timely manner and correct accounting records are maintained
- Promoting across the Qatar office, behaviour among the support staff that aims to maximise working capital. For example, ensuring bills are raised and sent to clients in a timely manner.
- Liaising and collaborating with Group Finance with a view to improving processes to support local requirements, and liaising with local external stakeholders as and when required (for example banks, auditors and tax authorities).
- Provision of a full range of office administration to ensure the smooth running of the Qatar office. This includes co-ordination, where appropriate, with the landlord and suppliers to ensure effective facilities management across the offices covering office cleaning, security and maintenance; visitor and reception services (including catering). The role is also responsible for record archiving processes; health and safety management and travel supplier liaison. Other aspects of the role include:
- Maintaining and appointing Third Party Providers and submitting official returns on behalf of the firm to the various government departments
- maintenance and implementation of the office Business Continuity plan in conjunction with the Premises & Office Services Director;
- supporting and liaising with the Premises & Office Services Director and Head of Office in other projects as required, such as office moves, refurbishments, local market research;
- responsible for office related Health and Safety matters in association with UK Health, Safety and Environment Manager
- ensures all IT systems are working properly and to a satisfactory level in all jurisdictions and provide notification of all IT issues to the UK IT team for appropriate action. Key contact for the Head of Information Security.
- point of contact between AG IT and local landlord ensuring any local updates, maintenance schedules, and AG changes go through with minimal disruption to the teams;
- Responsible for sourcing and liaising with suppliers ensuring that they are compliant with the firm’s procurement requirements, in conjunction with the Procurement Team.
- Validation of supplier payments in accordance and where required maintaining accurate records of expenditure in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Actively promotes continuous improvements to office processes, reviewing suppliers to ensure levels of service are maintained and value for money.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience Required
- Experience gained in a comparable environment at a senior PA or Office Manager level
- Highly organised and motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on new challenges and develop own role.
- Able to prioritise and thrive in a busy, fast-paced professional services environment meet the demands of the team.
- Excellent communication skills and able to quickly build strong working relationships with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proactive, flexible and driven attitude.
- Strong organisational and PA experience.
- Strong technical skills across all Microsoft packages including Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel