About the job
Markon Solutions is actively looking for a Mechanical Engineer to perform the following duties onsite with our government client on a new embassy compound!
- Develops working knowledge of all technical requirements of project.
- Provides Quality Assurance for ongoing construction project.
- Reviews contractor submittals.
- Prepares responses to Requests for Information (RFI) for questions related to engineering.
- Evaluates proposed submittal substitutions with engineering implications; makes recommendations to the Project Director.
- Coordinates the development of Independent Government Estimates (IGEs) for modifications and change orders.
- Reviews and evaluates design calculations and data from an engineering perspective.
- Prepares Monthly Progress Report summarizing project status, with emphasis on engineering.
- Reviews contractor’s Requests for Equitable Adjustment and formulates written recommendations for consideration by the Project Director.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Project Director.
Mechanical Engineering degrees are required.
- Professional registration is preferred, but not required..
- Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of proposal. Must be able to obtain a Final TS security clearance with DS granted Acceptability Review (AR) before deployment.
- Knowledge of International Codes required.
- Proof of COVID vaccination may be required