About the job
Markon Solutions is actively seeking a Civil Engineer to perform the following duties:
General – The position functions as the Civil Engineer, providing OBO a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of New Embassy Campus and Major Rehabilitation projects. A Civil Engineering degree is required.
- The incumbent is responsible for performing technical inspections of civil and structural work, monitoring the contractor’s quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance. This position is established to support and assist OBO in ensuring the completion of the New Embassy Campus/ Major Rehabilitation project in accordance with applicable US codes and standard building practices.
- The incumbent ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents. The incumbent must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations. Review engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly. Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor’s work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts. Monitor the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly. Monitor construction progress vis-à-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections.
- Perform technical inspections of the civil engineering elements of the project.
- The incumbent must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have a basic understanding of the principals of his/her engineering discipline and how it fits in with other engineering disciplines. The incumbent must be able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications.
- Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent’s area of expertise. After problems are discovered, evaluate contractor’s proposed remedy. Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager. Work on the MSGR site construction will be performed to U.S. standards; the incumbent should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures.
- The incumbent will review design documents (drawings and specifications) that the A/E prepares as well as perform quality assurance for the construction project in his/her technical area of expertise.
- Top Secret clearance required
- Civil Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university is required. PE preferred.
- 7+ years of construction experience required.
- May be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination