DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean and road freight specialist, we offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Currently, we are looking for Ocean Freight Specialist (Export/Import) who will handle and distribute all required documents for import and export.
If this sounds like something you would like to do, please read on.
Your task will be:
- Receive / transmit shipment pre-alerts
- Coordinate opening of files; manual and electronic
- Creates/confirms transport order to ensure delivery of the shipment to the final customer
- Performs booking and booking optimization according to internal guidelines as defined by product
- Prepares, controls and distributes all required documentations
- Import documents to counterparts (carrier, consignee, supplier, etc.) complying with regulations and internal procedures
- Checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents
- Follows-up shipment status in the Import area; identifies incidents and ensures resolution of incidents
- Acts in the capacity of Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution
- Maintains excellent relationships with Customers
- Performs IT systems related tasks to provide up to date information on shipment
- Arrival notice to customers on the same day of receiving the delivery order from the carriers.
- Pass the files for clearance & billing on the same date of receiving the delivery order & releasing the D/O’s.
- Perform timely invoicing of all shipments.
- Handle queries from carriers and Handling agents.
- Supports Customer Implementation by following up on spot quotations and contract closure as may be required
- Reviews reports (generated by the Performance Reporting & Exception specialist) and sends them to the customer
- Takes and registers all customer complaints
- Follows up with Sales and Pricing on customer request on spot quotations and performs up- and cross-selling on inbound customer calls
Your profile should look like:
- Logistics Bachelor degree or any relevant business degree
- Knowledge of the industry and stakeholders – shipping lines, CFS, transporters
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of the Ocean Freight and Forwarding Industry
- Good knowledge of ocean freight product pricing
- International and strong brand support with clear processes
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary