About the job
Consultants/Specialists are responsible for the delivery of high-quality evidence-based care, effective and efficient diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients placed under their care. Physicians provide the appropriate therapeutics and diagnostics as per the patient’s diagnosed condition.
Actively participate in interdisciplinary meetings to help plan effective, safe, and holistic care for individual patients.
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality evidence-based care and services within specialty areas.
- Conduct rounds to assess inpatients and/or outpatients regularly, in line with established best practices.
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required.
- Provide clinical excellence by effective and efficient diagnoses, management, and treatment of patients placed under the physician’s care.
- Deliver safe, effective, and holistic clinical services within accepted standards of care.
- Accurately document all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion following established procedures.
- Assesses and reassesses inpatients and/or outpatients regularly, in line with established best practices.
- Support, implement and follow all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise with colleagues, Allied Health staff, nursing, administrative, and support services staff for additional input as required.
- Comply with hospital policies regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient, and follow-up practices.
- Practice appropriate utilization of the organization’s resources.
- Demonstrate an active interest in educating future leaders nationally and internationally through active participation in education initiatives.
- Keep abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
- Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
- Graduate degree in Medicine
- Formal Residency / Training/ Fellowship / Board-certified in specialty area
- Eligibility for Consultant / Specialist License as per MoPH criteria (https://dhp.moph.gov.qa/en/Pages/Home.aspx)