About the job
The University of Calgary opened its first overseas branch campus with generous financial support from the State of Qatar and began delivering undergraduate nursing programs in 2007. Since then, the University of Calgary in Qatar (UCQ) has been educating the future nursing leaders in Qatar by offering Bachelor of Nursing and Master of Nursing programs accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN).
This is an excellent opportunity for established nursing professionals and academics who are passionate about teaching in an international environment, preferably in the following areas
To sustain its growth in promoting and increasing the profile of professional nursing practice in Qatar, the University of Calgary in Qatar is currently seeking Masters’ Prepared Nursing Instructors.
- Mental health
The ideal candidate must have completed a minimum of Master’s degree education, has recent clinical practice, and at least three years teaching at undergraduate level, in either classroom or clinical environment. Registration with a Canadian Nursing Authority or other valid National nursing licensure is required.
The successful applicants must be able to relocate to Doha, Qatar in time for Fall term (August 2021). This is a 2-year contract renewable upon mutual agreement.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Provide classroom instruction and lab/ seminar guidance to undergraduate nursing students;
- Develop and grade assignments, tests and examinations;
- Consult with the Coordinators and/or Associate Dean regarding student and/or course related issues;
- Provide clinical teaching in a variety of practice settings;
- Take responsibility for personal orientation to clinical agency/practice settings;
- Participate in standing Faculty of Nursing committees and other committees as needed;
- Participate in nursing and/or nursing education related community service; and,
- Support the creation of a scholarly environment through professional development, professional practice, and/or participation in research
Qualifications / Requirements
- Preferably Canadian nationals or permanent residents who have nursing registration with a Canadian registration authority, other nationalities will be considered whom maintain a valid nursing license.
- A baccalaureate nursing degree together with a graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Classroom and/or clinical teaching experience at the undergraduate level, along with evidence of personal scholarship
- Ability to work productively in a framework of operations that fully respects the laws, practices, culture and religion of Qatar
- Familiar with a range of teaching and learning pedagogies
- Familiar with diverse theoretical and clinical student assessment strategies
- Experience in course development an asset
All successful candidates will receive attractive compensation, including:
- competitive salary + overseas living allowance
- generous vacation allowance
- annual airline trips on contracts of two years or more
- transportation allowance
- fully furnished accommodations
- school fees for children up to 18 years of age (Grade 1 through 12)
- expatriate healthcare plan