About the job
To ensure that all network and customer service deliveries and GBI’s Operations are run in an efficient and cost-effective manner meeting the customer requirements. Ensuring that Marine Operations and Maintenance is carried out in safe and cost effective manner. Managing and Developing the GBI operations team , ensuring they are fully staffed, trained, and mentored to meet the changing demands of customer and technical environment.
Key Responsibilities and Result Areas
- Ensuring the Subsea systems and sparing’s are maintained to the highest industry standard and marine preventative maintenance activities are carried out.
- Ensuring that all customer service deliveries are on time, within budget meeting customer requirements.
- Developing and delivering against the Network Opex Budget.
- Developing and improving GBIs operational procedures taking into account industry best practice.
- Ensuring that all Network Upgrades and Improvements are delivered on time and within budget.
- Maintaining awareness of supplier and industry developments in the operation and maintenance of submarine and terrestrial network areas and implementing them into GBIs Operational Practices.
- Maintaining awareness of supplier and industry developments in Service Delivery techniques and systems.
- Managing the GBI IP and Transmission Operations Centers to ensure full 24 x7 coverage and all delivery, assurance and planned works are carried our diligently.
- Working closely with the GBI technical and product development teams to ensure that the network is implemented to be operated efficiently.
- Working closely with GBI sales and pre-sales teams to ensure customer requirements are understood and met.
- Provide all necessary assistance and guidance to sales, marketing, pricing, legal and other departments as required.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Education Bachelors or Masters (preferred or relevant experience) in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical degree.
- Mandatory Experience in the operation of submarine and terrestrial networks, delivery of services, project management.
Minimum Experience: 10 years of experience.
Minimum Knowledge (Mandatory) :
- Terrestrial and Submarine Network Technology
- Submarine and Terrestrial Network Operations
- IP Network Operations
- Service Delivery Management
- Project Management
- Management Experience of Large Team