A technical position with detailed knowledge of networking, particularly to the construction industry. Provides networking support during design and implementation phases of customer projects, including network pre-sales quotes, estimation and design. Also, provide post-sales support. In-depth understanding of LAN/WAN systems and related issues, with a special focus in at least one of the following areas CCTV, IT, AV or ELV.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of Senior Network Engineer or Technical Manager, supports Project pre-sales Engineering design and implementation;
- Designs install, configures and tests active components of IP networks as directed;
- Understands and follows industry standards related to networking;
- Configures, analyzes and troubleshoots active IP networks according to specifications, including switches/routers, firewall, DMS, wireless or advanced IP Voice systems of various manufacturers;
- Addresses product-related issues with manufacturer TAC/support staff;
- Recommend upgrades or system improvements on the maintained system as required;
- Makes inquiries to multiple industry vendors and equipment providers;
- Maintains certifications and knowledge of technology developments in his area of expertise;
- Supports Implementation Team as Project Engineer as directed, providing basic engineering support and detailed knowledge in his area of expertise;
- Assists in the development of written procedures related to the position;
- Perform other tasks related as delegated by the direct manager or superior.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years relevant experience in networking, with expertise in at least two or three of the following areas: Routing & Switching, WiFi, DMS, Security, Structured Cabling and Collaboration.
- CCNA/HCNA/CCNP/HCNP certified or equivalent.
- Experience in designing network systems.
- Advance skills in IP backbone structure, including LAN/WAN, firewall and WIFI.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Reads and understands shop drawings and specifications.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Customer Service oriented, maintaining professional Client Relationships.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The position is time-intensive, depending on the project and may involve travel and frequent off-site travel.
- Ability to adapt to industry developments and new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated, requiring no special training/coaching.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Works well under pressure.