About the job
The incumbent will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of datacenter software define network (SDN) network and security. The job holder will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the network and security vertical, and ensure that hardware, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. The job holder will assist the project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and planning phases of standard Project Management Methodology. The incumbent will support in effective initiation, planning, design, implementation and maintenance phases of network and security related projects across Qatar, India, Kuwait and UAE.
- Manage administration of Bank’s software define network (SDN) infrastructure to ensure uninterrupted availability to support Bank’s functions.
- Collaborate with Network architects and engineers to conceptualize products and feature
- Be responsible for all aspects of lifecycle of network monitoring, automation and control.
- Ensuring that datacenter networks have maximum uptime, providing fast and reliable connectivity for all sites in Qatar and overseas locations.
- Work in close coordination with physical network team and infrastructure team for faster provisioning of services.
- Install and configure network and security appliances in accordance with standards and project /operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and procedures like SOP, MOP for major change request.
- Diagnose and resolve network related incidents and problems.
- Assist IT Management in planning and budgeting for Bank’s network and security infrastructure.
- Assist in capacity planning and management, configuration management, change management and release management.
- Handle escalation of support issues where required as per defined procedures
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for network administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage bank’s resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all required critical hardware and key processes.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders.
- Responsible for management and updating of all network and security assets and configuration items.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Apply security standards on cloud infrastructure.
- Handle migration, cleanup and decommissioning of legacy network environment.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Design and implement automation platform network orchestration serving our distributed system of hybrid cloud and private datacenters.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or in Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in Management any other related discipline from a recognized university.
- 05-08 years of total experience in financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities pertaining to the specific area of discipline.
- Significant experience of managing, troubleshooting, installing, configuring, and supporting all network equipment e.g. router, switches, firewalls and wireless network to ensure network availability and security.
- Significant experience of capacity management and planning for procuring network equipment like routers or switches, which provides the best possible efficiency in an office’s IT infrastructure.
- Significant experience of integration and supporting various banking systems and services hosted on Windows platform.
- Demonstrated implementation and migration experience in large production-critical environment, banking is preferred.
- Experience working with SOC platform like LogRhythm
- Experience in hands-on development with a modern language particularly, Python, Go, C, C++
- Experience managing projects related to networking, network platforms, and network tooling
- Experience in distributed networking operating in large scale production
- Good knowledge of microservices, Resiliency, High Availability (HA) & Scalability is desirable
- Expertise in L2/L3 Control and Data Plane Feature Design/Development
- Programming/Scripting/OS Skills (mandatory), good programing skills in Golang/Python/JAVA
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for the design, implementation, and deployment of networking systems.
- Good understanding of cloud connectivity, hyper-scaling, white box implementations, and network infrastructure automation.
- Experience in building microservice-based platforms for solving complex problems at scale.
- Fundamentals of general IT compliance in the Banking and Financial Sector
- ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 20000
- PCI-DSS framework
- VCP-NV, VCP, CCNP Routing & Switching (mandatory)
- CCIE Routing/Switching, CCIE Security (preferred)