Ebdaa Digital Technology
The Finance Assistant reports directly to the CFO. The incumbent is responsible for providing support to the finance department in financial administration tasks such as data entry, processing transactions, ensuring all transaction supporting documents are complete and properly filed and reconciling bank accounts entries and partner financial follow-up.
SUPERVISORY AND ADVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
INDIRECT ADVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent deals with the technical staff regarding admin and financial matters. He/she is expected to provide support to staff in this regard.
- Performs three-way match in comparing invoices with orders and before processing any payment.
- Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting Documents, as per the manual, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
- Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and filed accordingly.
- Ensures that all payments are processed on time.
- Oversees the daily management of financial transactions; assists the finance unit in the monitoring and follow up of project finances in the country.
- Performs monthly petty cash count as well as petty cash spot checks
- Oversees routine banking services including collecting bank statements, making bank transfers depositing and withdrawing cash.
- Assists in cash planning and forecast for the duty station.
- Reviews all petty cash expenditures and replenishment requests.
- Oversees the management of petty cash in the country including bookkeeping.
- Responsible for elaboration, maintenance, and reconciliation of cash and bank books.
- Imports and Records all financial transactions into the Accounting management system (SL).
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review and signature by the FM and RFM.
- management for the duty station as per the filing standards of Ebdaa Finance Team.
- Provides financial reports and forecasts as requested
Financial implementation and management:
- Assist in producing regular financial and written finance reports.
- Timely review of the field Activity Financial Reports (verifying the coding, arithmetical accuracy, documentation, authorization) and subsequent feedback to ensure timely submission to Finance Manager.
- Provides assistance in preparing year-end accounts in line with regulatory requirements ready for audit.
- Supports the finance unit to ensure that sales team are aware and adhering to procedures.
- Maintains and tracks cash advances in coordination with the finance team and ensure all amounts are reconciled and liquidated.
- Follow up with sales team and ensure that all their reports, supporting documents are according to Ebdaa policies and procedures.
- Supports Sales team on compliance matters and ensure timely submission of reports that are accurate and complete.
- Stays abreast on the latest development in tax and other related laws in the country; ensures that Ebdaa complies with all Government statutory regulations including licensing payment of taxes and social security fund; ensures timely submissions of such deductions to the relevant authorities.
- Ensures all financial files are complete and up to date including Social Security and Taxes, in addition any other contracts.
- Performs any follow-up visits to banks or government entities as required.
Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Preferred 3 years’ experience in accounting.
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadline
- Very detailed oriented
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Ability to travel outside of the country for long periods
- Ability to work with staff at all levels
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
- Good skill at using financial software applications
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of accounting and Human Resources practice, policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of working on accounting systems “Zoho, Quick Book ……”
- Fluency in spoken and written English. spoken Arabic is preferred.
PROBLEM SOLVING: The incumbent is expected to deal with day to day work issues independently. Seeks guidance from the CFO when dealing with unusual situations.
FINANCIAL IMPACT: Failing to submit accurate and timely financial reports will have negative impact on the financial aspect of Ebdaa company. The incumbent is accountable for the quality and accuracy of data imputed into the financial system.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: The incumbent is expected to keep information, records, data and files in safe place and share the information only with the authorized level.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: The incumbent is expected to introduce improvement to the work process and help others using the improved process.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: The incumbent is expected to enhance relationships with all staff in the country and regional office. The incumbent is expected to maintain good relationships with counterparts in the banks and insurance providers.
Internal: CFO, Company partners, Company Executive director, Sales head members, any other technical staff.
External: Customers, Vendors, Banks, Government entities, tax advisor, any other service providers.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND EFFORT: The incumbent will be working in Doha office based on the authority working visa.
SENSORY DEMANDS: The incumbent’s job requires concentration and accuracy especially when dealing with financial data.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The job requires attention to deadlines and details.