About the job
About the role:
Swiss International School in Qatar is seeking an outstanding and progressive Arabic Teacher for August 2022. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of a team of highly professional and dedicated educators working within the IB MYP and DP programs at SISQ.
SISQ is an IB World School and has the ambition of becoming one of the leading educational institutions in the region.
We are a growing school in Qatar with a strong reputation for offering a quality educational program, very competitive salary and an excellent place for teachers to work. Qatar has proven to be a safe place for families during the ongoing pandemic. We have high vaccination rates, free movement, and very few restrictions on life. Along with hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2022, Qatar is a vibrant country with a lot to offer the expats that live here.
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualities:
- Experience teaching the Arabic Language in a Secondary School, preferably in an IB setting;
- Advanced-Level Arabic speaker with a Bachelor’s Degree in Islamic Studies or Arabic Language & Literature
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- A collaborative working style
- A commitment to continuous improvement;
- A commitment to student learning and safeguarding.
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- MYP / DP training
- Experience within an international school setting
- Ability to teach Islamic Studies in English & Arabic
In accordance with the Ministry of Education’s Circular 13 requirements for this position, the candidate must possess the following:
> A Bachelor’s Degree in Islamic Studies or Arabic Language & Literature
> A teaching qualification (PGCE / QTS / Teaching License)
> No more than 49 years of age in August 2022 (at the point of joining the school)
Closing Date: 06 January 2022