We are looking for MEP ENGINEER, with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience as an MEP Engineer or Site Engineer for MEP and Interior works and Fit Out Project. Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or any related field. Holding a valid Qatar ID and able to provide NOC to join our company located in Doha, Qatar.
The MEP Engineer is responsible for the planning, scheduling of the various MEP projects which includes installation, testing and commissioning of various electronics safety & security systems (Fire Detection and Alarm System, Public Address System, Firefighting System, HVAC System and Plumbing System). He is also responsible Management of the various MEP projects within the relevant time and project cost constraints or budgets.
Your duties will consist of but will not be limited to:
- Design lay out for HVAC, plumbing, chilled water, drainage and firefighting based on specification and calculations.
- Prepare the detailed BOQ for plumbing, heating ventilation, air conditioning and general piping system.
- Provide technical advice to supervisor, inspector regarding installation and maintenance of MEP system Analyze and identify mechanical engineering problems and formulate solutions.
- Review drawings, documents and technical submittals to ensure that all are complying to contract documents and rules and regulations prior to submitting for authority approval.
- Review CAD drawings and calculations prepared by draftsman Monitor the site progress and ensures works are carried out according to approved plans and specifications.
- Participate in meeting and deliver presentation with clients and authorities if required.
- Ensure that the filing and logging of the MEP documentation in taken care in project handbook in conjunction with document control.
- Evaluate on site pipe system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage test and other testing and advise the Project Teams accordingly.
- Plan, review and evaluate the work of mechanical team, consultant, contractors and labor workforce to maximize on site production.
- Management and coordination of the onsite MEP works throughout the delivery phase of the project and provide weekly project progress reports updates to the Department Head.
- Post-construction on site coordination and installation/rectification of defects/additional works and any further work requests related to IT/Security, AV infrastructure/ MEP and/or associated scope of works on site.
- Review MEP/IT/AV/Security drawings and supporting schedules/technical specifications against the client requirements, standards, site conditions and report and findings/solutions to the team.
- Liaise between MEP/IT/AV and Security subcontractor, site, office and the government authorities.
- Monitor and manage subcontractor performance and report noncompliance in the weekly report to the Department Head.
- Manage, develop and maintain effective relationships with the professional consultancy teams and clients.
- Management and compliant delivery of the company ISO and HSE management processes and procedures.
- To stay up to date on the QCCD approvals and all Government requirements for modification and fit-out works.
- Knowledge of MEP and associated works within the interior fit out project market
- Must be able to understand drawings & details, material finishes and material requirements.
- Should be able to perform setting-out plans on site as per approved drawings.
- Should be able to independently handle sites.
- Should have past experience of executing commercial projects such as retail stores or showrooms, and offices.
- Should have good knowledge of electrical and MEP works
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Possess excellent computer skills
- Knowledge and experience in Testing and Commissioning of MEP and associated works systems
- Knowledge of Computer-aided Designing (CAD)
- Knowledge about Building Information Modelling (BIM)