Nestlé Nutrition, a global company in the Nestlé Group, helps to enhance peoples’ lives through science-based nutrition products and services for consumer groups with specific nutritional needs. Our brands include Nestlé and Gerber maternal and infant nutrition, PowerBar and Musashi performance nutrition and Jenny Craig weight management.
Location: Doha, Qatar
Company: Nestlé Nutrition
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Medicine, Nutrition
0-3 years of experience in working with Healthcare Professionals and Key Opinion Leaders
Nestlé is so much more than the world’s #1 food and beverage company. We are committed to helping our communities to live healthier and happier lives, and as such we are seeking medically trained talent to help educate and support hospitals, dieticians and nutritionists to the products and services we can offer their patients and clients. As a medical delegate, you are the vital link in ensuring medical professionals are aware of our products and keep them up to date with research and trends to further our positioning as a leading health and wellness provider.
Based in Doha, you’ll be part of a small family of medical professionals, meaning you always can share your successes and ask for support when necessary. Whether you have freshly graduated, or you are coming from another pharmaceutical or FMCG company, you’ll be working alongside some of the best in the industry, in a team of truly diverse professionals. Whether handling hospitals, independent clinics, or pharmacies, you can be sure to build strong partnerships, and really be a visible figure in the industry, offering support and solutions to those helping patients live healthier lives.
A day in the life of…
- You prepare for the meetings of the day and touch base with colleagues and your manager to share successes or challenges your clients are facing. There isn’t a formal daily meeting – it’s more of a chance to ensure the team are sharing ways to drive success and get relevant updates
- Your manager will share potential strategies that will help grow the business, and you’ll get to input and give your opinion. In a small team, your voice is really heard, and you get a chance to impact the way the team functions
- Once you’ve had the updates, now it’s really your time to shine. You do what you do best, by going to see your clients. Visits can vary between 11 and 18 a day, dependent on the type of clients you’re going to see that day and the latest Covid -19 restrictions
- In between visits, you may start looking at planning for an event you’re helping to lead on, to further increase the visibility of Nestlé’s presence in the nutrition market. Whether it’s an MOH led event, or one that Nestlé is driving, you’ll get the chance to lead projects and events outside of your day to day activities
- You look at how competitors are performing in the pharmacies or other health care centers, and ensure you’re sharing this intel with your colleagues
- Before you finish for the day, you send reminders to a group of clients who you’re hosting for a round table discussion next week
What Will Make You Successful
- Bilingual English and Arabic
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Medicine, Nutrition
- 0-3 years of experience in working with Healthcare Professionals and Key Opinion Leaders
- You drive conversations with both your colleagues and the healthcare professionals, to share best practice and give real time updates on competitor activity
- You are an exceptional communicator; you can advise, persuade, and negotiate, ensuring activities and performance are driving towards your goals every day
- You are naturally curious and aware. You are always looking for new ways to solve problems-often before they happen
- You are ambitious and you have a clear will to drive your own career development. Nestlé is a big organization so the opportunities are endless, if you can be clear in communicating your ambitions.
- You are passionate about your products, and can convey this to your clients
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance on all activities undertaken to the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes and Nestlé Instructions and local country codes