About the job
We are now seeking an exceptional Mechanical Engineer to join our award winning team based in Doha, Qatar. Our project is specifically aimed at the delivery of a mega reservoir and multiple pumping stations.
This critical role will be responsible for representing the firm in communications with the client, design consultants and contractor from post contract award and technically assess contractor submittals in accordance with mechanical focused strategy and procedures.
Paramount to success within this varied role will include;
- Providing leadership and subject matter expertise to the project to achieve time, cost, quality, and safety objectives.
- Monitoring and reporting on the production of information with respect to the discipline-related services submittal progress.
- Reviewing submitted shop drawings and material submittal against the drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements and international best practice.
- Construction management of mechanical related services focused primarily on reservoirs & pumping stations. Knowledge related to the construction of building works, infrastructure water, wastewater, HVAC and district cooling works will all be helpful.
- Providing technical input and experience to resolve engineering issues.
- Monitoring the Inspectors performance to ensure that they are fulfilling their roles and responsibilities.
- Maintaining open communication with the client and contractor’s discipline engineers on project related issues.
- Preparing project reports (written and photographic) on progress of works, quality and technical conformance of the works, safety, and other matters.
- Attending technical and progress meetings with the contractor/client’s representative.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that you will bring a minimum of 12 years’ career experience partnered with a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
The ideal candidate must have worked on mega water reservoir projects or Lagoons projects or projects related to national scale sewerage and water treatment projects.