University Foundation College
The college is looking for a range of excellent lecturers preferably with UK qualifications. You should have a minimum of 5 years of post-qualifying experience of teaching in your subject area, along with a current teaching registration license. We need people who are flexible, adaptable, and keen to work hard and help the college establish itself within the region. The college is in the infancy of developing its processes, policies, and resources, and therefore lecturers must be prepared to play a part in the development of the college and able to cope with both the opportunities and challenges that may arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for regularly reviewing the course’s curriculum and forms of delivery, using an outcome-based approach
- Liaising with other teaching staff to ensure consistency, as well as lateral and vertical integration of the courses offered
- Ensuring that the course’s teaching methodology meets students’ learning needs
- Identifying, developing, and implementing forms of assessment that are aligned with the course’s learning outcomes, attributes, and skills
- Coordinating the teaching activities of other academic staff working for the same course
- Ensuring consistent evaluation of all students, e.g. through moderation of examination papers
- Promoting a student-centered approach to teaching
- Pioneering and promoting the use of new technologies
- Applicants must be a NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER (please do not apply if you are not)
- Teachers with UK (including QTS or similar) qualifications are preferred but not limited to
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s preferably. The qualification must be subject-specific.
- 5 years or more teaching experience in the field applying for.
- Certification desirable in TEFL, IELTS, CELTA, DELTA
- Proven record as an excellent educator.
- Experience of teaching tertiary level (post 16).
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Experience in web-based technologies for learning.
- Initiative and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of administrators, faculty, and students.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the Middle Eastern socioeconomic and cultural environments. Prior experience in the Middle East desirable but not compulsory.
- Knowledge about accepted best practices in teaching and learning.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications must be sent to the following email address:email@example.com
Please send the following documents to support your application:
- Cover Letter
- CV with photo
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only by mid-January 2021.