About the job
Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Material & Welding Engineering Specialist to work for major project (Offshore Brownfield & Greenfield scope). This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar with initial contract duration of 2 years (renewable).
Responsible for stewarding Material & Welding engineering activities and reviewing of the related deliverables.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
Provide extensive knowledge and understanding on the requirements of Pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design and ECPI, communicating and efficiently translating Company requirements and data into an efficient delivery from the contractor. Collaborate across disciplines (including Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Pipeline, Umbilicals, HSES and Risk), and monitor the progress and delivery of the engineering sections of the work scope.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Ensures the scope of the Materials & Welding engineering are fully implemented and control deliverables in terms of quality, schedule & HSE as per Projects requirements.
- Responsible for guidance & review, checking of the EPCI deliverables such as Data sheets, Material specifications, technical specifications, technical Bid evaluation, Requisitions, responsible for the Vendor document review; Interacts with contractors/vendors and other engineering disciplines as required; Reviews and approves specified contractor purchase order/subcontract packages for piping and valves materials
- Full understanding and the challenges with Materials & Welding and follow-up, guidance and review of the Material selection and welding procedures/qualifications; supervises the EPC scope finalisation with relation to the Materials & Welding discipline.
- Liaise as required with company’s shareholders Technical Authorities (TA) and committees, monitors material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, testing and transportation of the piping and valves materials.
- Administers any management of change process (MOC) relating to the Materials &Welding discipline.
- Supports NFXP Offshore Engineering Division Manager Pipelines in monitoring the contractor’s progress on delivery of the required documents Topsides and Pipeline disciplines.
- Close coordination with relevant disciplines for understanding and implementing the Material & welding comments
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect the disciplines related to Topsides and Pipelines Engineering and ensures endorsement of Technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
- Ensure compliance with management of change procedures for changes in the contractor’s design or deviations from the company directives.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Metallurgical or Welding Engineering. (Advanced degree is desirable.)