- Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities Principal Accountabilities
- Perform and implement technical review and evaluation of offers from vendors for plant equipment / spares and material supply contracts.
- Perform review of drawings and documentation submitted by suppliers/manufacturers at bid stage for final acceptance of equipment/spares items to required specifications and purchase requisitions.
- Perform review of alternate offers for integrity, Engineering and functional requirements.
- Provide post order drawing approvals prior to manufacturing
- Perform re-engineering for old and obsolete materials & equipment; propose new technology, specification and better standard for modification and replacement.
- Recommend and implement technical improvements or enhancements as identified in the evaluation process.
- Liaise with vendors, manufacturers, buyers, material coordinators and end-users.
- Carryout pre and post order clarifications and technical issues in which the supplier/manufacturer requests waivers against specifications (i.e. material and certification changes, etc).
- Responsible for the tracking of Technical evaluations allocated within the discipline and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner
- Supervise and mentor subordinates for best work techniques, practices and planning
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline.
- 8 years experience in supply chain / maintenance required, preferably in Oil & Gas Industry with 5 years in supervisory capacity.
- Design, engineering, technical evaluation experience and all round expertise of respective discipline.
- Well-versed and Thorough knowledge in relevant international standards API, ASME, , ISA, NEMA, IEEE, IEC, NFPA, BASEEFA, ATEX, ANSI, ASTM, TEMA, BS and related codes & statutory regulations.
- Extensive working exposure in company specification, codes & standards and statutory regulations.
- Exposure in review, finalizing and approval of procurement and construction drawings for Equipment, Piping, P&ID and Plot plans.
- Exposure in developing equipment material requisition and description with experience in cataloguing techniques and structures with an objective to standardization and variety reduction.
- Leadership and motivation skills with the ability to proactively solve problems
- Must work independently to achieve schedule and targets
- Computer literate with knowledge of appropriate ERP software and MS office.
- Good communication and presentation skills.