Duties & Responsibilities
- Corporate market experience required. Overnight travel for this position may occur.
- Practice flexibility, cultural sensitivity and time management skills necessary to produce results within different cultural and business environments.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations that is favorable to the hotel
- Produce effective collateral form concept to final product.
- Develop positive media relations with the local and international community utilizing excellent media relations skills and contacts.
- Passion and dedication to making “the big picture” a reality.
- Conduct and analyze market research and data. Develop and implement tactical plans to maintain and increase market share for La Cigale.
- Maintain consistent verbal and written communication with clients.
- Make onsite and field presentations to prospective clients and Ad Agencies.
- Attend trade shows and participate in sales blitzes.
- Search and recommend new advertising opportunities.
- Produce a comprehensive public relations media plan in line with the market strategy.
- Attend all required briefings / meetings as required by the DOS / GM.
- Manage different communication vehicles to keep the relation with internal and external guests met.
- Organize and coordinate the production of photography for use in marketing campaigns, collaterals and advertising.
- Compose the annual marketing communications plan across all departments.
- Monitor and share competitor’s media and promotional activities.
- Maintain a mailing list for all important corporate and V.I.P accounts.
- Interact with embassies, international and local cultural centers and important government agencies.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Instill a calm, organized approach in all situations.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all employees.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Have the “can-do” attitude within self and instill it in others .
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Assist the DOSM in identifying the yearly budgetary requirements.
Your experience and skills include:
- 3-5 years’ experience within marketing required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Hotel Management Degree with focus on marketing hospitality an asset.
- Must be very strong in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Social Media and online savvy.
- Imaginative, creative, out of the box thinker.
- Photography experience an asset.
- Must be results oriented with ability to be flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Must be organized and able to work well under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
- A team player with proven leadership ability and positive attitude.
- Must be self-motivated and able to make decisions while handling numerous projects at one time.