This position will manage and lead a team of marine technicians in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
Job criteria: Minimum 5 years of experience as a service supervisor in a marine company. Good communication skills in Arabic and English are a must.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the marine workshop and field service units.
- Planning, organizing, and supervising the day-to-day activities of the workshop including staff management.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, parts availability and technicians’ skills.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner, returning all customer calls prior to close of business each day.
- Greet customers and determine needs, providing clear and precise instructions on the job cards for the marine technicians.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate DOMASCO marine services to them, which may
involve technical descriptions of Honda outboard engines and Yanmar marine diesel engines and
the way they may be used.
- Maintain and establish a good relationship with customers.
- Regular contact with the customer, inquiring about the level of satisfaction.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client inquiries.
- Ensure that the complaint, cause, and correction of each problem are noted in the Repair order.
- Obtain customer signature on every work order and collect payment for work prior to releasing
customer boat/ marine engine. In the event, the repair cost is unknown initially, obtain customer
approval on the job card to diagnose issues, and then contact the customer with an estimate for repairs as
soon as determined, and obtain approval.
- Use Honda marine/Yanmar flat rate guides and Standard Service Operations to determine the time allotted for the work and follow up on timely completion.
- Prepare proforma invoices for each job card.
- Release repair orders, identify the required parts to perform the maintenance job.
- Set priorities for the created repair orders.
- Ensure that technicians are using the appropriate tools, manuals, checklists, etc.
- Ensure that the maintenance jobs are done as the standards of Honda marine and Yanmar marine.
- Inspect quality of work performed as required, prior to delivery to the customer.
- Invoice, collect payment and finalize repair orders.
- Liaise with parts department to ensure the availability of the fast-moving parts and rigging components.
- Ensure the required parts are ordered for each maintenance job and follow up.
- Regularly report progress on each job (preventive maintenance, repair, installation) and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the line manager.
- Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Work with the line manager to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products or services and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Work with the line manager to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure the line the manager is informed.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: www.afuturewithus.com.