Support the activities of the marine personnel who are on vessels wholly owned by the organization as defined within the in-house safety management system of NAKILAT. Ensure that the company vessels that are under their control are manned by properly qualified, experienced and competent personnel.
- Establish and maintain an updated and comprehensive Relief Plan up to one year in advance for all officers who are going offshore.
- Organize travel arrangements for the officers to join and leave the vessels. If required, the person can also take the advice of third parties such as port agents and travel agents.
- Ensure that the officers at all times satisfy the training and documentary requirements as per the policies and procedures of the company and the legal requirements of the ship’s registry. E.g. – Flag and National Certificates of Competency, Special Qualification Certificates. Ensure that all this data is recorded in an agreed format.
Appraisal and Performance Management:
Review the appraisal reports for all officers and follow-up on recommended actions with regards to performance management. E.g. – Identification of training needs, disciplinary matters.
Establish a personal development plan for all the officers and monitor the same on a continuous basis.
Liaise with the training section on scheduling training courses for personnel under their responsibility.
Maintain a database of applicants and undertake initial screening of applicants.
Maintain all personnel and vessel files necessary to accurately record, document, certify, train and for payment of salaries as per the company policies and standards.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world-class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Undertake pre-planned visits of ships mainly in Qatar but also worldwide and report back to all the concerned personnel.
- Arrange for the registration of the achievements of Qatari officers with Qatari officers.
- Maintain reports of the Marine Personnel department as agreed upon by the Marine Personnel Manager.
- Assist and arrange temporary sea service assignments for marine cadets and officers who have been employed by other Qatari companies.
- Perform other administrative duties such as absence maintenance, expense claims.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain personnel relief plans and other schedules
- Carry out all personnel-related administration duties.
- Maintain accurate records of all employees
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Degree in Business Administration/Human Resources or any other related field. Knowledge of shipping HR related legislation will be looked upon favorably (STCW/MLC)
Minimum of 3 – 6 years’ experience in a medium to large-sized company
Job Segment: QA, Quality Assurance, Database, Performance Management, Technology, Quality, Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit careers.nakilat.com.