About the job
About The Role
We are recruiting for Manager Technical Quality, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The Manager Technical Quality is responsible for the functional operation of assigned areas / processes within quality assurance as directed by senior management. They would operate independent quality and safety systems as part of a functional management team for monitoring the safety, airworthiness and compliance of aircraft and the organization to regulatory requirements.
Specific Responsibilities For The Role Include
- Develop and manage applicable processes and procedures within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Develop and manage the competency and standards of reporting personnel.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities regarding matters affecting airworthiness, compliance and any necessary approvals thereof.
- Establish and renew organization regulatory approvals and ratings / capability as required.
- Ensure that any changes in regulatory or company requirements are reviewed, communicated and processed in timely and effective manner to all applicable standards and requirements.
- Manage a timely and effective review, amend and approval process for organizational documents such as but not limited to, expositions, manuals procedure and forms that ensure compliance and accuracy to company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the issuance and continued validity of airworthiness review certificates (ARC) through the timely and effective review of aircraft and their continuing airworthiness records.
- Manage and follow up on all deviations including concessions, maintenance program variations, MEL extensions to ensure the company correctly exercises privileges granted by the regulatory authority.
- Review technical quality / airworthiness / safety related information or queries from other sections/ department or companies’ and report recommendations to QE management to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Manage an effective independent audit system that monitors the organization, sub contracted/ contracted maintenance and suppliers meet and maintain company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure any noncompliance reports are feedback to applicable personnel, management and ultimately the accountable manager for timely and appropriate action.
- Manage, maintain and control all applicable records for audits and authorized personnel.
- Ensure authorization applications are reviewed and processed in an effective and timely manner to applicable standards and requirements.
- Ensure company authorizations are issued and revoked in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage License applications for onward submission to concerned Regulatory Authorities for initial issuance and type endorsements of Aircraft maintenance Engineers Licenses.
- Liaise with Maintenance training regarding continuation and human factor training feedback for analysis and reporting to Quality Management.
- Conduct periodic reviews of continuation training content to ensure the adequacy of continuation training content is maintained to requirements.
- Manage an effective safety and occurrence reporting system for the reporting and investigation of incidents.
- Participate in the establishment and management of the organizations safety management system.
- Manage, develop and report control measures / key performance indicators related to safety, airworthiness and compliance.
- Manage, review and report the timely and effective analysis of data required to monitor trends within the Quality and Safety Management Systems for safety, airworthiness and compliance.
- Communicate effectively with internal or external customers. Ensure safety, airworthiness and compliance related matters or concerns are actioned accordingly to company and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure document control of all Manuals, Internal Forms and other Internal Publications.
- Review Manuals such as Compliance Monitoring Manual (CMM), Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME), Maintenance Organization Exposition (MOE), Technical Procedures Manual (TPM) and all related forms in line with current Regulatory Authority requirements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the Qatar Executive’s Part M (Subpart G) Approvals, in accordance with the requirements of the QCAA.
- Ensuring the Quality Management System works in sync with Company Safety Management System.
- To assist the investigations into incidents (MORs, ASR and TORs) and ensures the follow up of recommendations with relevant departments for closure.
- Participate in Internal Audit, Third Party, SAFA and other findings in AQD; Review and follow-up for timely corrective actions, root cause analysis and closure.
- Prepare and set QE Annual Audit Plan with Section Audit Checklist for all company functions including the contracted activities for the followings at its minimum:
- Privileges of the company by its AOC and Special Approvals
- Manuals, Logs and records
- Training Standards
- Management system procedures and documentation
- Continuing Airworthiness and Aircraft Maintenance
- Perform other sections’ duties related to his/her position as directed by the QE Technical Director.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 8 years of job-related experience
- ICAO Type II Engineer License with at least one aircraft type rating.
- Qualified as an Auditor with a recognized certification.
- Previous experience in managing the Quality Management System for a large Airline
- Note: Expected university qualification should be in Aeronautical / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering streams
- Working knowledge of Aviation regulatory framework.
- Command of English language, and good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge of aircraft maintenance and operations standards and practices.
- Good understanding of the concepts and requirements of SMS, Quality Assurance and Audits.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear directions and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members