About the job
About the role
As Manager Program & Strategy for Qatar Duty Free, you are responsible for supporting and leading a variety of strategic efforts inclusive of playing a pivotal role in building short, medium and annual strategic plans in a highly dynamic industry. You will assess, develop and track multiple business opportunities in order to maintain a competitive advantage; set commercial and non-commercial developments in line with QDFC business vision and objectives. You will provide technical insights, project management and expertise in-order to oversee and manage projects from requirements gathering through implementation. Further, you will conduct research, analysis and due diligence for any new ventures and manage a portfolio of projects for various departments in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Responsible to bring together crucial pieces of information such as competitor performance, operational performance, innovations, market trends, from various internal and external sources in order to develop strategic options.
- Responsible for the development of a decentralized activity planning process and ensuring its adoption across the businesses. Develop strategic threat identification and evaluation processes, develop different possible scenarios for the mitigation of possible risks and provide recommendations for the management of these scenarios.
- Identify document project risks and project/transaction issues, track and action until completion, including but not limited to risks/issues that are commercial, delivery-related.
- Responsiblity for scheduling expenditures and payment accordingly.
- Review, analyse, and report on technical/due diligence reports on all projects, and provide insights into costs, schedules, risks, and plans, in order to recommend/support QR’s commercial decisions.
- Provide tactical guidance to Senior Management that all projects adequately account for required ‘change management’ and business process reengineering in order to ensure that the benefits of the project deliverables are accepted, embraced and undertaken by the general workforce.
- Utilizing project management discipline to implement major initiatives, which involves balancing competing demands among scope, time, cost, and quality, stakeholders. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Ensure the success of multiple projects, ex. commercial and non-commercial, automation projects to increase productivity and manage efficiency, consultant recommended projects, etc., by ensuring projects are progressing on time through close follow-up, track tasks, report on progress, due dates and take necessary actions in conjunction with various stakeholders and resolve or escalate issues.
- Report, liaise with internal and external parties and follow up to completion to ensure targets (results, timelines and quality) are met.
- Create comprehensive and regular reporting formats of projects and programmes to the board to ensure seamless management and understanding of projects’ status.
- Initiate and conduct research – covering all aspects such as brand recognition, location, inventory, overall guest satisfaction, services and facilities, conduct SWOT analysis and recommend corrective actions to the Management.
- Review management contracts and deliver comments highlighting any risk. Protect QR value and keeping information confidential.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent (Business administration, finance or project management is preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of job-related experience
- Background in asset management, project management, finance, analysis, strategy development.
- Experience within the retail/hospitality/hotel industry.
- Experience in simple to medium complexity business case creation.
- Experience in developing Financial models, ROI.
- Excellent project planning and management skills, tracking, follow-up, and persistence to successful completion.
- Ability to navigate the various departments to get the job completed.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication.
- Excellent research skills using internet sources, tools, social media.
- Good presentation skills to senior managers and executives.
- Advanced Research skills, as well as in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PC skills.
- Proven research and analysis skills, mathematical and ROI modelling.
- Coordination skills of project activities and tasks across many departments, vendors and stakeholders – with diplomacy and maturity.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow, strong mentoring and coaching skills, ability to train and develops skills, ability to foster teamwork among team members.