About the job
About the role
As the manager of revenue, you will take on the operational responsibility for the revenue delivery of a region/s through pricing and demand functions. Plan point of sale and origin/destination strategies as well as tactical measures that would be carried out by Revenue Management Analysts to achieve goals including regional revenues targets and continuous improvement of network RASK.
Other operational duties would include:
- Acts as a key interface, consulting with the Regional Market Planning & Analysis team to develop and align pricing, distribution and inventory availability strategies for the region
- Responsible for developing pricing strategies to meet the region and company’s revenue targets ensuring the right price products are distributed based on an understanding of price elasticity, fare granularity and net fare products
- Lead, through analytical team, identification of market specific holidays and special events to distinguish and fully exploit peak revenue generating opportunities
- Determines strategies to minimize risks associated with revenue delivery, replace at risk / reducing revenue streams or capitalize on opportunities
- Understands the commercial strategies of the business including those of Sales, Distribution, Commercial Planning, Digital, CRM, FFP and e-Commerce to align RM’s pricing & inventory strategies
- Evaluates the region and determines how and when volume strategies are to be replaced with yield strategies
- Works with the Revenue Management Specialist to improve the price benchmarking process and provide requirements for automation and best practice
- Understands QR performance as well as various inputs and indicators of economics, market conditions, competition and consumer sentiment to continuously revise price and demand decisions in order to deliver on revenue goals and RASK.
- Leads an analytical team responsible for demand influences and pricing decisions and their use of decision support tools and pricing / demand automation to deliver revenue.
- Accountable for ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the team is appropriately informed and at the same time gathering insights from the team to formulate regular, concise and cogent summaries for senior management.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the Revenue Management team.
- A bachelor’s degree qualification.
- 8+ years of job-related experience
- Revenue management experience in a global airline.
- Direct experience in a Senior Analytical role related to Pricing or Demand.
- Experience in applying point of sale, origin and destination-based revenue management.
- Practical experience in revenue management systems.