About the job
The Manager Retail PMO will manage the planning, and execution of the Retail projects/enhancements portfolio for the Retail Banking function within the approved governance structure, quality standards, and other internal guidelines/ best practices, aligning relevant stakeholders within the function. The incumbent will guide the Project Managers in defining project scope / deliverables in coordination with the functional units and management, and in managing project dependencies, tracking project milestones and deliverables and resolving key project issues. The incumbent will monitor collection of relevant data/information to develop and finalize necessary documentations (BRDs, Business Cases, Test scenarios etc.) and ensure signoffs are obtained from the respective authorities. The job holder will ensure Project committee members are updated frequently and highlight potential risks to generate suitable mitigation plans. The incumbent will supervise a team of Project Manager and Business Analyst to make sure all Retail Banking projects are delivered within the agreed deadlines with the highest quality levels.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for development of the plan/framework for the Retail Banking PMO function of the Bank.
- Develop and monitor pertinent performance measures /metrics and operational indicators subsequent progress in terms of the project initiatives.
- Oversee preparation of analytical reports relating to industry outlook, and environmental scan including but not limited to demographic, technological, economic, political, social, and specific to the business lines.
- Manage the development, consistent implementation, and maintenance of project control tools, methods, and processes within the Retail Banking function.
- Manage project problem/issue identification and, update the management on critical issues confronting strategic / operational projects and suggest action plans for mitigation.
- Identify cost rationalization opportunities that can bring significant impact on Retail Banking projects.
- Oversee to ensure alignment of the procedural / process aspects with the business objectives of projects.
- Guide the Project Manager and Business Analyst in identification of project process improvements and in effecting changes, within the respective areas, as applicable.
- Guide/monitor the team and respective areas (respective areas) with respective to project planning, implementation and monitoring efforts with respect to the projects.
- Oversee the preparation of and monitor vital communications/ dashboard for the management and other relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to requirements documentation and project presentations, project analysis, resource utilization forecasts/ allocation, budget/ status reports, etc.
- Keep abreast of and incorporate up-to-date project management techniques and industry best practices and tools to the Retail Banking projects, as applicable.
- Oversee collaboration efforts with the Strategy & Corporate performance team, as applicable, in identification of possible difficulties, and in developing exigency plans for proactive management of amendments within the project scope.
- Oversee pro-active identification of project related system / process interrelationships (across the Retail banking function) for setting priority decisions.
- Work closely with the respective stakeholders to establish and monitoring of a system for managing financial aspects of the project, including budget formulation, cost projections, cost reporting, and variances.
- Manage stakeholder relationships/ communication with internal / external project stakeholders, on account of project requirements and deliverables.
- Guide the team in determining project proposals and project success criteria, encompassing goals, priorities, benefits, schedule and costs of projects in close liaison with the respective functional units, for management approval, and support in disseminating to the relevant stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Oversee to ensure that efficient risk management processes are adhered to, including but not limited to risk assessment/ analysis, and reporting, and suggest/ implement alternate ways or mitigation plans.
- Monitor and report to the management on post – implementation performance of the projects within the function, against the plan /objectives.
Qualification & Experience
- University graduate with a degree in Business or Banking or Finance or any other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Management any other related discipline will be an added advantage.
- 10-15 years of total experience in financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities pertaining to the specific area of discipline.
- Extensive experience in the management of large projects in banking industry, especially pertaining to retail/consumer banking realm.
- Experience at a supervisory and management capacity.
- Proven capacity in leading strategic / operational project planning and management, including implementation of standards /methodologies.
- Professional certification such as PMP/ Prince2 or other project management certification is mandatory