About the job
The Manager – IT PMO is responsible for the definition and maintenance of the standards of internal IT project management and its processes with focus on operating in a standardized way. The Manager reports to the Planning and Governance Director and directly supports the successful delivery of programs through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting.
The Manager – IT PMO is responsible for the development of policies, procedures, framework, tools, and models to support the IT organization. The post holder manages a small team, including Project Manager/s and defines and manages project governance processes and oversight to ensure projects are well managed, stay on track, and achieve their intended outcomes. S/he will have a solid combination of leadership skills, interpersonal skills, business acumen, technical skills, an analytical mindset, and ability to communicate framework to the greater team.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plans policies and process related to project planning and project management to ensure an effective framework for the implementation of projects.
- Manages complex projects and oversees the management of small to medium projects related to their area of responsibility.
- Oversees project management activities to ensure that they are aligned, integrated and sequenced with Sidra’s policies, plans and strategies.
- Develops plan, structure, control and measurement of reporting mechanisms for project management activities/requirements.
- Identifies, prioritizes and resolves complex problems related to managed projects.
- Manages interrelated activities relating to multiple and often competing areas and services to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Ensures project management related initiatives are completed on schedule.
- Provides timely, accurate and well thought out strategic alignment management advice to the Director to ensure the department achieves its strategic and operational objectives and targets.
- Recommends and implements corrective actions to improve project management performance for respective areas.
- Establishes communication with key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure excellent ongoing communication during project activities.
- Ensures communication with relevant departments to align project activities and services with organizational strategies and goals.
- Participates in leadership initiatives for the division such as establishing a method to measure the effectiveness of projects’ processes and actively assist in the refinement of the project strategy and process.
- Provides oversight, guidance and direction to project managers for identification of risks, issues and change requests during project implementation.
- Participates in the department’s management of risks, issues, dependencies related to the project planning and implementation.
- Oversees designated work groups deliverables and activities.
- Provides guidance, make decisions, and resolves issues for direct reports.
- Establishes and monitors performance objectives and milestones for direct reports.
- Facilitates development and achievement of professional & personal goals for self and staff.
- Monitors and ensures that projects adhere to the established project management standards and methodologies and performs required procurement, communication and human resource management activities as required.
- Leads and facilitates high-level meetings for program plan requirements and to develop schedules and milestone measurements;
- Develops work breakdown structure, detailed project plans, schedules and is accountable for monitoring and reporting on project metrics, issues, risks and overall progress.
- Effectively manages the project team assigning individual responsibilities and identifying appropriate resources needed.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
7+ years of experience with progressive responsibilities in relevant field inclusive of;
- Management experience
- Managing medium to large scale projects
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management tools, techniques.
- Demonstrated experience managing project teams and outsourcing engagements
- Experience with best practice quality and process improvement methodology
- Project Management certification (PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner Level) from an accredited provider