About the job
About the role:
As a Manager – HIA Operations, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition through:
Leading and managing the Airport operation on a shift basis and ensures that the Airport operates in compliance with all regulatory requirements and established policies and procedures while ensuring that all agreed levels of service and quality are delivered at. Hamad International Airport. Coordinate the implementation of all emergency procedures in the event of a major incident. During Non-office hours acts as the designated Senior Airport Authority representative at HIA.
- Leads a multi discipline team to deliver excellence in customer service throughout Hamad International Airport.
- Ensures on shift that all customers, third parties and agencies are kept advised on relevant operational information. Provides direction and advice to all Airport users.
- Collaborates with all Airside and Landside sections and plans on a shift basis ensuring that all staff and Equipment is allocated efficiently and promptly.
- Critically examines all aspects of the Airport operation to identify improvement possibilities that could positively affect the Airport Service Quality ratings (ASQ).
- Coordinates with Customer Airlines to ensure their unique requirements are satisfied. Proactively develops and maintains professional working relationships with individual station Managers and their staff.
- Provides accurate executive brief to senior management via shift reports and verbal reports with comprehensive detail in the event of a significant event.
- Accountable for the performance of the Airport Operations Control Centre on a shift basis and ensures that all KPls and SLAs are maintained.
- Responds to accidents and incidents as laid down in the Airport Emergency Plan to investigate/analyze and coordinate with relevant departures to ensure detailed reports are provided together with recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manages and instigates business continuity procedures in case of infrastructure failures to ensure minimum disruption to the Airport operation.
- Participates in all Aircraft and vehicle incidents and accident investigations and recommends/implements preventative and corrective measures
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed bv the Head of the Department
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level, post graduate degree in a related field will be an advantage.
- Airline courses on Passenger Services, Ramp Operations Baggage and Cargo will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience.
- Specialist knowledge of Airport Operations Airside and Landside.
- Full Driving license.
- Excellent knowledge of ICAO Standards and recommended practices (SARPS) on Airport operations and Aerodrome Emergency procedures.
- Preferably have experience in senior management role, process reengineering, solution design, project management change management, demonstrated leadership and motivation skills; significant experience gained in a Commercial Management Team.
- Seasoned professional in all Airport Operational areas and Airport/Airline Control Centre experience preferred.
- Preferably have attended Aerodrome Safety Management courses and relevant ICAO/AC/IATA training and Hub Control experience.
- Comprehensive experience on Airside Operations (Terminal Operations and Resource planning) preferred.