About the job
As Manager Corporate Planning, you are responsible for providing strategic guidance, direction and management oversight to the Corporate Planning medium and long term goals and implementation of initiatives in support to Corporate Planning Senior Management. Ensure that QR standards are met on data gathering and analysis; thus, spearheading the delivery of recommendations across business divisions within and outside Corporate Planning Department. The role will steer decision making in collaboration with the management and will act as Representative for Corporate Planning ensuring synergy and alignment to Corporate Planning overall objectives.
This role falls under the Alliance and Partnerships
- Lead the assigned Partnership Planning team and manage and control all bilateral partnerships related to a specific geographic region to generate incremental revenues for QR.
- Co-develop and implement partnership strategies in line with QR’s overall growth strategy in the region to ensure maximum synchronization between the company’s overall growth aspirations and implementation.
- Drive incremental revenues for QR by enhancing and expanding the specific partnership portfolio.
- Ensure KPIs are being met and manage the budget process for the assigned partnership portfolio.
- Prepare and conduct the negotiation of agreements on behalf of QR with other carriers. Manage the “front end” area of such negotiation.
- Ensure close collaboration with all relevant internal stakeholders and integrate their needs into partnership agreements when and as required.
- Ensure that all QR partnership agreements comply with local legislative requirements and actively update agreements should legislative requirements change in their respective countries. Ensure that such agreements are reviewed by QR Legal and where necessary QR Contracts for compliance.
- Maintain and develop partnerships/agreements were legal justification is require and ensure that QR agreements have the require compliance level for such justifications.
- Provide direction and sound advice on a number of industry related agreements, tariffs and affairs to team members and relevant internal stakeholders.
Partnership Performance and Support
- Lead the Performance and Support team and provide detailed cross-department data such as revenue management data, sales data and general market data to support QR’s global interline, codeshare and joint business cooperation managed by the partnership planning teams.
- Create and maintain a central database comprising all relevant data related to airline partnerships to advise and steer the partnership business
- Deliver regular and ad-hoc performance reports spanning from top-management summary reports to expert level details to ensure full transparency and proper steering of QR’s partnership business at all times.
- Create highest business intelligence in the field of airline partnerships by delivering tailored data and partnership information at all times.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting of all QR joint businesses in close cooperation with all relevant internal stakeholders and external joint business partners in order to steer the joint businesses and to provide top management with complete and consistent information.
- Actively participate in the commercial board meeting of all joint businesses and provide detailed report on successes, challenges and opportunities.
- Act as coordinator and solution provider between the joint business work streams to ensure optimal revenue generation at best cost/effort.
- Provide direction for the functional joint business work streams by delivering tailored analysis both periodically and on ad-hoc basis.
- Create and implement early warning system to identify abnormal trends in partnership bookings and revenue intake as a prerequisite to activate counter measures and to promptly avert potential loss or damage for Qatar Airways. Communicate findings and propose first steps for resolution.
- Closely interact with revenue management, pricing and sales to ensure proper commercial execution of the partnership agreements.