Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring Company owned and managed vessels are operated as per contractual requirements in a safe, efficient and economical manner in full compliance with best operational practices.
- Liaising with Ship Management, commercial and vessel Masters and monitor that certification in place as per contract.
- Undertake vessel visit to monitor compliance for equipment amd crew to meet contractual requirements at all times
- Responsible for preparing contract status reports and advising Ship Management for the necessary requirement. Coordinate with Ship Management and ensure we are in compliance with all codes as required.
- Strong interaction on regular basis with clients and attend operational meetings as necessary.
- Active coordination with all stakeholders for vessel planning for operations/ maintenance.
- Regular vessel visits and interphase between client and ship management as needed.
- Actively promoting safety awareness among all Company Personnel/vessels.
- As required, undertake offshore visits to vessels on location to conduct onboard training to the Officers and crew for marine matters.
- Taking over new Build vessels or Inspection of vessels as required by the Management.
- Assisting in internal and external audits of vessels.
- Support in an internal OVID inspection (Ship management) of vessels in preparation for all charterers.
- Budget Control and Revision and co-ordination of Budget compliance in conjunction with VP- commercial and business development.
- Liaise with clients, ship management and surveyors for contractual issues
- Provide recommendations on new subordinate hires and ensure the availability of all resources required to perform assigned tasks and activities
- Supervise subordinate staff, assign work activities, monitor performance and review results
- Act as a coach to subordinates, identify their training and career development, recommend training courses and follow-up on their personnel records such as timesheets, discipline, vacations, leaves and absenteeism
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education & Professional Qualification:
Unlimited Master Mariner’s license in compliance with STCW II/2;
Minimum 5 years of shore experience as Marine Superintendent in Offshore Company
Proficient in Microsoft systems and electronic management systems and being able to maintain a database.
Good communication skills in English are a must. Arabic speaking a preference.
The efficiency of this position is critical for ensuring that all vessels are operated in accordance with good marine practice, in compliance with Company and Client Procedures and Rules, and in accordance with all local and international laws and regulations. Analytical Thinking
Teamwork and cooperation
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: aa039.taleo.net.