About the job
About The Role
You will be part of the QRFM team and will assist with reactive or preventative maintenance within all of Qatar Airways residential properties.
- Performs major and or minor repairs as well as preventative and corrective maintenance for electrical or mechanical systems and assets.
- Advice the Operations Managers /Storekeeper for ordering spares/ accessories as needed for reactive or preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for coordination and prioritizing repair tasks. Respond in a timely manner and provide timely repair and reduce down time.
- Responsible for attending new equipment training, training staff and demonstrating proper safe use and operation of equipment to staff. Identify and correct unsafe conditions and practices. Identify, document and notify Lead Maintenance Technician for any damage, abuse and negligent use of equipment.
- Track work orders and communicate/update status.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements.
- Ensure that in performance of the role, all uses, disclosures and requests of any information (in any form) are done in accordance with data protection principles adopted by the QR Group and are limited to what is reasonably required to accomplish the intended business purposes of the use, disclosure or request.
- Comply with all relevant company policies and procedures regarding the use, processing, disclosure and security of any information (in any form) and ensure that all staff under my direct supervision are aware of and comply.
- Consult the Group’s Data Protection Officer in matters related to data protection and privacy as appropriate.
- Ensure the confidentiality, security and protection of all information handled in the course of duties is maintained at all times from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, deletion/destruction, corruption, modification, inspection or recording
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimize health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Awareness of general environmental principles and tools and assist your department in achieving Qatar Airways Group Environmental Objectives and targets.
You Will Possess
- Essential to have ITI or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electricals/ Electronics.
- Work experience in a similar position is required in the Gulf region.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience working in Hotel/ Hospitality/ Facilities Management Company.
- Should have worked in a similar capacity in a multi-cultural environment.
- Essential to have advanced mechanical skills and the ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics and O/M manuals.
- Essential to have Knowledge of 460 volts. AC circuit and advanced troubleshooting skills preferred.