About the job
- Support process safety and risk management involving implementation of the Company’s Loss Prevention and Risk Engineering processes and deliverables. The scope includes associated onshore and offshore operating facilities and supporting brownfield and major capital projects.
Job Context & Major Challenges
- Role involves implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with emerging regulations and changing requirements, coping with extended scope over all onshore and offshore assets including projects.
- Major challenges are (1) establishing and maintaining alignment with Operations organizations and (2) ensure safe and reliable operations in a cost-effective way by providing sufficient technical information and guidance to influence others to take sound risk-based decisions.
- Covers multiple locations with different requirements and priorities e.g. onshore, offshore, projects, etc.
- Work requires analytical, interpretative and constructive thinking, with a significant degree of evaluative/professional judgment.
- Works in accordance with Company policies, and procedures, and understanding of relevant industry and international standards.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Provide Process Safety, Loss Prevention & Risk Engineering support to operating assets during normal operations, maintenance, shutdowns and brownfield projects.
- Ensure process safety by identifying and assessing process components that pose risks and developing procedures and action plans to mitigate them.
- Support risk-engineering activities related to risk management and risk analyses studies responding to plant operational events, assisting in the development of risk-based solutions to novel or higher risk situations.
- Identify trends in process safety performance and collaborate with Operations to initiate corrective actions.
- Support deployment and implementation of company process safety and risk management objectives and program in the assigned assets.
- Provide Loss Prevention input and review for engineering documentations,project deliverables, interface documents to ensure they meet with the relevant standards.
- Provide Loss Prevention input and review for engineering documentations, project deliverables, interface documents to ensure they meet with the relevant standards.
- Participate in hazard identification and risk assessment studies and prepare related reports.
- Participate in MOC (Management of Change) Process. Review Management of Change requests (MOCs) and consult with assigned engineers and the functional groups to ensure that Plant\Field integrity and safety is maintained.
- Perform process safety performance indicators, develop required report and provide insight analysis to support performance improvement.
- Support department objective and provide support to the capital projects for any safety study including, HAZOP, HAZID, 3D Model Review, SIL Review, QRA.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in Chemical, Mechanical or similar discipline. Knowledge and/or Experience
- 6 years’ experience in loss prevention and industrial safety in the oil and gas industry with special emphasis on process safety, and risk assessment/studies.
- Experience in hazard identification reviews utilizing recognized techniques (e.g., HAZOP, What-If, etc.) with a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative risk assessment techniques.
- Practical knowledge of safe systems of work is essential with Emergency Preparedness knowledge/experience.