Responsible for the Logistics activities of the entire project.
- Operates in compliance with all McDermott Policies and Procedures.
- Provides guidance and advise to PMTs to ensure that all Restricted Goods, Chemicals and goods requiring special import certificates and customs procedures are imported in compliance with the local Government Departments regulations.
- Point of contact for the relationship between PMT’s and Qatar-based Freight Forwarders and Customs.
- Assuming overall and final responsibility for procurement of all modes of transportation operations from vendors.
- Follows Mcdermott procedures and supervises all transportation.
- Monitor all Incoming/outgoing air and ocean shipments and liaise with Freight Forwarders to move/clear shipment at the earliest.
- Ensure all shipping documents are in order for smooth move/clearance and proper distribution is made to various Departments.
- Attend internal meetings and with Projects, Freight Forwarders / Shipping Lines.
- Provide input on shipping schedules – air and ocean.
- Comply with all Customs and regulatory requirements of all countries prior to executing any inbound or outbound shipments by air, sea and courier.
- Ensure all necessary customs paperwork in place prior to arrival and departure of our shipments.
- +5yr Logistics & supply chain + Oil & Gas
- Bachelor/Master International Business / Supply Chain Management