About the job
- Minimum Experience of 5 Years as Logistics Officer, preferably in Qatar.
- Through knowledge on Qatar Customs Clearance procedures for all modes of Shipment, EPC Approvals, DG Clearance, Duty Exemption Application, Renewing / Updating HS Codes for Products and Raw Materials with MOCI etc.
- Minimum Qualification: Graduation in Any discipline. Diploma / Degree in Logistics Management will be a Plus. SAP Experienced Candidates Preferred.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system Ensure that all orders/contracts, as applicable, are expedited to ensure that the project schedules and contractual delivery requirements are met.
- Expediting of the product delivery within the project schedule and requirements i.e. proper handling of all import and export customs documentations and goods clearance.
- Performing clerical duties, and maintaining accurate records and files of activities. Following established guidelines, instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Track and Trace shipment files and reporting
- Ensure delivery of freight and timely clearance when applicable
- Control and monitor the input of all expediting data into the procurement system and other appropriate documents to ensure current information is available and distributed.
- Coordinating with freight forwarders, clearing agents, transporters, warehouse personals etc. in order to achieve the planned required dates.
- Identifying shipping requirements / timescales to relevant delivery point personnel.
- Highlight and report those orders/contracts where there is a likelihood of delay to equipment or critical materials, which may have an adverse effect on the program together with the proposed corrective action.
- Provide regular status reports to management and other departments as required on all current progress and vendor performance.
- Responsible for arranging schedules, rates etc, negotiate, and prepare Pre Shipment Cost Approval considering available budget limits.
- Follow up the Pre Shipment Approval, finalize the booking as per the approved rates, and expedite progress of Shipment with both freight forwarder, supplier and related parties.
- Proper checking of invoices in comparison with secured prior approval on the rates from management and ensure that the invoices are timely submitted to accounts without any delay and close out of supplier’s payable accounts in coordination with Accounts Payables.